- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 28 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 May 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Job Type
- Research Related, Research Associate
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The Department of Physics at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is seeking applications for a research associate (RA) position in experimental material science. Candidates are expected to have strong research capability and committed to outstanding research with genuine interest in synthesizing 2D materials such as MXene nanostructures for gas sensing applications. Candidates must have a hands-on experience to work on the characterizations equipment such as XRD, SEM, AFM, RAMAN, gas sensing systems, etc. Candidates with publication track record in top-tier journals will have an advantage. The successful candidate will work in Prof. Saleh Thaker research group.
This appointment is made for 12 months and could be renewed based on the performance of the candidate in the first 6 months.
The candidate must hold a PhD degree in the area of Experimental Materials science or materials chemistry and have a good number of Q1 publications as determined by the Scimago Journal Ranking system.
A successful application will include the following documents:
- Cover letter stating the capacity you are applying in, why you are applying for this job, and how you could complement the research capabilities.
- An updated CV showing (Biodata, academic qualifications, professional experience, work history, publications, conferences, scientific awards, h-index, Google Scholar citations etc.)
- Two (2) recommendation letters.
PhD in Material Science or Materials Chemistry and having Previous experience as research associate in the field of experimental material science.
2-3 years of experience after PhD.
Division College of Science - (COS)
Department Physics - (COS)
Job Close Date 31-05-2023
Job Category Academic - Research Assistant
Salary 8000-8500 AED