Head of Marketing
- DE MONTFORT UNIVERSITY
- Leicester, Leicestershire (GB)
- £53,353 - £61,823
- 27 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 26 Mar 2023
- Application for Head of Marketing
- Job Type
- Senior Management & Heads of Department, Heads of department / Chairs of department, Professional Services, Marketing & Communications
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Directorate: Marketing and Communications
Grade: H, Salary: £53,353 - £61,823
Full Time (37 hours per week), Permanent
We are seeking an influential leader with strong management and negotiation skills, as well as extensive experience in brand strategy and creative development, to join us as the Head of Marketing at De Montfort University (DMU).
DMU is an ambitious, truly globally minded institution with a relentless focus on delivering high-quality teaching and research. A culturally rich university with a strong commitment to the public good, it strives to maintain a stimulating, innovative and inclusive environment where staff and students are able to thrive.
This is a really exciting time to join us. The Marketing and Communications team at DMU is growing, and this newly created role will be a key member of the Directorate’s senior leadership team.
The Directorate offers full-service marketing and communications support to the university, comprising brand and creative development; design and print services; corporate and student recruitment marketing campaigns; CRM and conversion campaigns; faculty marketing and recruitment; reputation management; media relations; internal and external communications engagement; events; schools and colleges engagement; Widening Participation; enquiry management and follow up; web and digital development and market insight.
The Head of Marketing is a pivotal role to develop and lead implementation of the university’s brand development and marketing approach in supporting our new university, strategy ‘The Empowering University’.
As the Head of Marketing, you will need to have a strong awareness of the Higher Education sector and a good understanding of the strategic picture relating to student recruitment, although we also welcome candidates from outside the university sector. You will be innovative, original and creative in thinking with the ability to analyse and prioritise user requirements and stakeholder needs.
Educated to degree level or equivalent, you will have experience of successfully developing marketing services, overseeing the delivery of effective marketing strategies and campaigns and managing a corporate brand within a large organisation.
For any informal enquiries, please contact Alice Parker (Talent Acquisition Advisor) either via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 0116 366 4572.
View Recruitment Pack - Job Description and Person Specification.
Please submit the below documentation to the Talent Acquisition Team by emailing: email@example.com. Please use ‘Application for Head of Marketing’ in the subject field of the correspondence.
- A CV setting out your career history including key responsibilities and achievements, and details of two referees
- A supporting statement (no longer than two A4 pages) outlining your skills, qualities, experience and suitability for the role. Please note: Your supporting statement will be used upon shortlisting stage to determine whether you have the necessary skills and experience to successfully carry out the duties of the role. Within your supporting statement, please clearly demonstrate how you meet each of the essential and desirable criterions found in the Recruitment Pack ‘Person Specification’ section for this role.
Closing date: We welcome all applications before midnight on Sunday 26 March 2023.