Assistant Manager / Manager, Experiential Learning
- SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 27 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 29 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Manager supports the Deputy Dean, Experiential Learning and team that drives, manages and supports courses, programmes, events and activities, to establish, streamline and oversee all policies, procedures and processes at the department level. The candidate will also provide holistic support to the Office of Global Programmes and Office of Service-Learning for the administration of academic courses, events and activities; budget and funding; publicity, outreach and liaison; staff well-being; and professional competencies to ensure the effective operations of the department.
College of Interdisciplinary & Experiential Learning
To support the mission of the University, the SUSS Core provides a transformative experience for all SUSS undergraduates by focusing on educating the whole person – cognitively, socially, and creatively. SUSS will be launching a new suite of core courses to equip students with a set of values, skills and knowledge to develop them into adaptive and resilient global citizens who are able to meet the challenges of the 21st century. These courses aim to enable our students to appreciate complex issues in local and global contexts, enhance their understanding of individuals, communities and relationships, and empower them to contribute meaningfully to society through interdisciplinary approaches and experiential learning.
Many of the wicked problems in society today require interconnected and interdependent perspectives and collective collaboration. The SUSS Core enables students to thrive in a VUCA world by equipping them with interdisciplinary & experiential learning tools and processes, enabling students to synthesise knowledge from multiple disciplines to address complex issues. Above all, we deepen students’ socio-cultural competence and social responsibility to the local and global community through sustainable, reciprocal engagement with partners on real-world issues.
The successful candidate will:
- Maintain an overview of administrative support for programmes and academic courses, including student numbers and course scheduling
- Support the department in internal, external, local and overseas partnership coordination and maintenance
- Supervise workflow for budgeting matters, finance, and funding to achieve the department’s strategic direction
- Supervise marketing, publicity, and outreach
- Provide scheduling and internal and external liaison support to the Dean and Deputy Dean
- Manage the administrative, data management, and reporting duties generated in fulfilment of the scope stated
- Assist with other tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor, as well as participate in university-wide projects and activities
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably with at least 3-4 years of relevant working experience, of which at least 1 year is in a supervisory role.
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills. Good teamwork and interpersonal skills; and a high level of integrity.
- Strong coordination, administrative and organisational skills, with the ability to manage and work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365.