Executive (Office of Global Programmes)
- SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 27 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 29 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Office of Global Programmes Role
As an Executive of the Office of Global Programmes, you will be part of the dynamic team at the College of Interdisciplinary & Experiential Learning
College of Interdisciplinary & Experiential Learning
Many of the wicked problems in society today require interconnected and interdependent perspectives and collective collaboration. We enable students to thrive in a VUCA world by equipping them with interdisciplinary & experiential learning tools and processes, enabling students to synthesise knowledge from multiple disciplines to address complex issues. Above all, we deepen students' socio-cultural competence and social responsibility to the local and global community through sustainable, reciprocal engagement with partners on real-world issues.
Office of Global Programmes
The Office of Global Programmes aims to nurture and equip students with competencies to thrive in a globalised world. Besides effective cross-cultural communication skills, we also prioritise imbuing students with empathy, problem-solving skills, innovation and a balanced understanding of pressing global concerns such as sustainable development. We do this through a range of Global Learning programmes for SUSS students and youths in the region.
The successful candidate will:
- Support the organisation and implementation of various adminstrative duties (including finance), systems, processes and programmes helmed by the Office of Global Programmes such as credit-bearing courses (Overseas Experiential Learning courses, Summer & Winter School, Semester Exchange), and non-credit bearing programmes (e.g. inbound programmes)
- Support the adminstration of credit-bearing overseas Global Learning courses, which includes supporting the management of students and logistics on overseas Global Learning trips.
- Support the coordination and relationship management of internal and external partners.
- Analyse, develop and update Global Programmes' policies and standard operating procedures.
- Support the assessment of students' Global Learning graduation requirement.
- Mentor, coach, or advise students' Global Learning journey, if required.
- Support the hosting of visiting international students and partners.
- Manage enquiries from students about Global Learning opportunities and programmes.
- Assist with other tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor, as well as participate in university-wide activities
- A Bachelor's degree in any field; fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- Some experience in project management - well-versed in efficiently and indepedently managing several projects at one time.
- High attention to detail and meticulous; enjoys logistics and coordinating multiple programmes from start to finish.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365, especially word processing and spreadsheets.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Some experience in people management - comfortable with speaking with a wide range of people and nationalities, and working across departments.
- Enjoys working with young people.
- Strong team player.
- Be able to travel especially to the ASEAN, China, and India region once every quarter, if required.