Research Associate, Level ARAS
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Mawson Lakes, Australia
- $93,165 - $99,759 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
- 27 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 20 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Research Related, Research Associate
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Based in Future Industries Institute at the Mawson Lakes campus
- Full-time, fixed term contract until 22 December 2023
- Salary Range $93,165 - $99,759 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
The Research Associate will contribute to the research efforts of FII, in particular will undertake research on the project titled “Preclinical studies to determine the efficacy and mechanism of Glucoprime in wound repair” with Tissue Repair Pty Ltd.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
UniSA STEM links engineering, mathematics, science, defence and cybersecurity, environmental science, aviation, information technology, construction and project management, harnessing the connections across disciplines to bring big ideas to fruition. Our researchers are solution focused and collaborative to deliver technical expertise and advice to industry, government and community groups to make commercially viable and sustainable impacts. We integrate research into our teaching, with students working alongside researchers in first-class facilities, what’s discovered one day is taught the next. Our graduates are entrepreneurs and trailblazers, who design and build the world they want to live in. UniSA STEM also incorporates leading edge research organisations; the Future Industries Institute, the Australian Research Centre for Interactive and Virtual Environments and the Centre for Industrial Artificial Intelligence (AI).
The Future Industries Institute brings together world-class strength in high-tech manufacturing, nanomedicine, minerals and resource engineering plus environmental science, with the end goal of building economic growth through innovative partnerships and translational research. The Institute builds on the significant capability, infrastructure and reputation of the University’s existing research strengths and substantial research infrastructure and supports state and national research priorities.
- Undertake high quality research under limited supervision to achieve project grant outcomes; i.e. perform in vitro and in vivo assays to determine the mechanism and effectiveness of Glucoprime in wound healing
- Design and perform a range of experiments including appropriate controls to achieve planned research outcomes, including data analysis and interpretation
- Provide regular updates to Industry Partner related to research undertaken
- Prepare or contribute to the preparation of industry reports, refereed journal publications, conference and seminar papers arising from the research
- Provide advice and technical assistance to post graduate students in the appointee’s area of expertise
Essential Skills and Experience
- A doctorate in an appropriate Biomedical Science relevant to the research area
- Experience in in vitro cell culture assays, including cell proliferation, migration assays
- Experience in undertaking in vivo animal models and subsequent analysis of tissues including histology and immunohistochemistry
- Evidence of high quality research output commensurate with the length of research career, which is published and presented in appropriate forums
- Excellent written and oral communication skills demonstrated through written work such as research reports, research publications and educational materials, and through effective liaison with external partners, colleagues and students
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Staff study support
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Emma Kelvin, Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 4931.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Monday 20 March 2023
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.