Associate Professor, Paramedicine
- LA TROBE UNIVERSITY
- Bendigo, Australia
- $146,540 - $161,087 plus 17% superannuation
- 26 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 26 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Full time
- Located at Bendigo Campus
- $146,540 - $161,087 plus 17% superannuation
About the position
The Discipline of Paramedicine within the La Trobe Rural Health School serves to prepare graduates for the roles that paramedics will be expected to engage in, both now and in the future. Our key focus is to ensure graduate paramedics are able to make a difference to the communities they serve, and particularly to make rural health and wellbeing matter locally, nationally and internationally. At La Trobe, we are one of the few paramedicine programs to offer a 4-year Bachelor Honours degree, along with doing so in a regional location. We have a very strong alignment with community and public health.
The role of Paramedicine Discipline Lead will set the strategic direction for teaching and research in the area and support our team to continue to achieve high impact outcomes. The course enables graduates to achieve competencies required for practise in emergency medical response by ambulance services and the broader delivery of community health care and health promotion, supported by research and evidence generated from our School’s four philanthropic research centres/initiatives.
Appointments can be made to either teaching and research or teaching focussed positions. Completion of a Graduate Certificate of Higher Education (or equivalent) OR fellowship with Advance Higher Education will be highly regarded.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Demonstrated effectiveness and leadership in curriculum development and teaching with a proven commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Record of attracting honours/research students and successful supervision.
- Evidence of effective contributions to leadership and management at the Department/School or University level.
- Distinguished record of nationally and/or internationally recognised independent research or scholarly outputs in learning and teaching.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Proven ability to build sustainable relationships with a range of industry partners and evidence of the ability to promote research links with outside organisations/agencies.
- Evidence of knowledge of professional standards and their assessment as these apply to paramedicine
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome Video - Victorian Regional campuses – See link below;
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55 pm Sunday 26th March 2023
Position Enquiries: Brett Gordon via email B.Gordon@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.