Assistant Professor in Language Learning and Technology
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION
- 27 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Languages, Literature & Linguistics
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Assistant Professor in Language Learning and Technology (English Language and Literature Academic Group)
The National Institute of Education (NIE) is among the world’s top education institutes, recognised for its excellence in teacher education and educational research. NIE has played a key and pivotal role in shaping and developing Singapore’s teaching profession and landscape through evidence-informed, practice-focused and values-based programmes and initiatives.
An autonomous institute situated within the research-intensive Nanyang Technological University, NIE is consistently ranked within the top 15 in the world for research impact in the field of Education.
The English Language and Literature Academic Group (ELL AG) at the National Institute of Education (NIE), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, invites qualified applicants to apply for a Tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the area of Language Learning and Technology. A strong understanding of the latest developments and advancements in AI and related technologies, along with the ability to integrate them into teaching and research, are essential qualifications for the successful candidate in this role.
As one of the most highly ranked education institutions in the world, NIE is at the forefront of leading the future of education. As an academic department within an institution devoted to teacher education, the ELL AG at NIE is dedicated to innovative teaching and high-quality research in the areas of English language and linguistics, literature, and English teacher education. We have a strong and diverse team of highly dedicated faculty members engaged in cutting-edge disciplinary, interdisciplinary, and education research who are committed to bringing theoretically-robust and practice-relevant perspectives to classrooms. Our mission is to develop critically-engaged, socially-responsible, knowledgeable, and passionate individuals and English teachers for the 21st century.
The successful candidate should satisfy the following criteria:
- a relevant doctorate degree from a university of good international standing,
- an established track record of research and relevant publications in reputable peer-reviewed international journals in the field of English language learning and technology,
- an established record of excellent teaching in relevant areas at undergraduate or graduate levels (preferably both),
- expertise in contemporary English language teaching methodologies and technology such as artificial intelligence (AI) and/or related fields
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- contribute to teaching and course development at the undergraduate and graduate levels, as well as related activities such as the supervision of teaching practice, and thesis supervision and examination,
- develop a strong research agenda and maintain a strong publication record,
- undertake administrative and/or leadership roles and to contribute to other service-related activities at the academic group or institution level,
- establish partnerships with local and international researchers and practitioners to explore avenues for research and teaching that will create an impact in the discipline and/or educational practice.
- An active and vibrant research environment and highly collegial departmental culture
- Excellent R&D infrastructure and opportunities for research funding
- Attractive research start-up grants and PhD student scholarships
- A competitive remuneration package and attractive benefits
Please submit your application together with the following documents to us through: https://ntu.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers/job/NTU-Main-Campus-Singapore/Assistant-Professor-in-Language-Learning-and-Technology--English-Language-and-Literature-Academic-Group---NIE-_R00012902
- A cover letter
- A Curriculum Vitae that includes work experience, qualifications, teaching experience, research accomplishments, full publication list (in APA format), and service records
- A statement of research interests (maximum 2 pages)
- A statement of teaching philosophy and experience, evidence of teaching excellence, and student feedback on teaching (maximum 2 pages)
- Two sample publications
- Names, addresses, and email addresses of three academic referees
Please note that shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview, present a job talk, and to conduct a lesson in their area of expertise for our students at NIE.
The closing date for applications is 31 May 2023 or until the position is filled.
More information on ELL can be found at https://nie.edu.sg/our-people/academic-groups/ell.
For enquires, interested applicants may write to Associate Professor Csilla Weninger, Head of ELL, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note to applicants
We regret that only successful candidates will be notified (via email).