Postdoctoral Fellow, Research School of Biology
7 days left
- AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY (ANU)
- Canberra, Australia
- $78,940 - $99,083 per annum, plus 17% superannuation
- 23 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 28 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Postdocs
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Classification: Academic Level A
Salary package: $78,940 - $99,083 per annum, plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full-time, Fixed Term (appointment for 2.5 years)
Position description & Selection Criteria: PD and PEWER - Academic Level A.pdf
Working at ANU
This is an opportunity to work with a world class University that undertakes cutting edge research and has a strong tradition in research-led teaching excellence.
- Flexible working arrangements including hybrid arrangements working both on our beautiful, green campus and working remotely,
- Generous paid parental leave entitlements of up to 32 weeks. We are one of the leading employers in Australia for parental leave entitlements,
- Designated parent rooms, quiet spaces and childcare facilities on campus,
- Career support, training, mentoring & upskilling opportunities.
For more information on a range of lifestyle, financial and non-financial rewards and programs, please click here.
To see what the Science at ANU community is like, we invite you to follow us on social media at Instagram and Facebook.
A Diverse and Inclusive Team
ANU is introducing measures to support the recruitment, inclusion and retention of employees with disability. To find out more, please click here.
ANU is a large, diverse employer with staff working across numerous professions (see the full list of available roles here. We are a recipient of the bronze award through the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) program and a platinum member of the Australian Network on Disability. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and identities and from individuals who may have had a non-linear career path, career gaps or career breaks.
The Position provides an exciting opportunity to contribute to wheat stripe rust genomics in a unique environment that wants you to excel. Our team brings together world leaders in fungal rust biology including the Global Rust Reference Centre at Aarhus University and collaborative partners in Pakistan.
This is a key role in a friendly, motivated team providing extensive training opportunities in fungal biology, genome biology, computational biology, and/or cutting-edge molecular plant microbe interaction biology.
The Person must be excited about working on fungal genomics and plant microbe interaction biology in a highly collaborative team that aims to make everyone succeed.
We are looking for a curious and investigative mind with experience in collaborative research and teamwork. We are looking for someone who likes challenging problems and encourages team members and colleagues to workshop effective solutions.
Learn more about the ground-breaking research and work class facilities of the Research School of Biology here.
For more information about the position, please contact A/Prof Benjamin Schwessinger and Prof. John Rathjen, E: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents:
- A current curriculum vitae (CV)
- The two most exciting publications with short summaries (up to 200 words) explaining their context in the broader field.
- No more than a two page summary addressing your suitability against the selection criteria.
The committee will consider candidates that do not meet one or more aspects of the selection criteria.
If shortlisted, candidates will be asked to complete a:
- 30 minute interview using behavioural interview questions
- Presentation on previous research
If you require adjustments to participate in any of the above assessments, please contact our HR team at E: email@example.com. Any adjustment request or the disclosure of disability will not be communicated to the selection committee without the candidates consent and it will not having any bearing on hiring decisions.
For examples of common reasonable adjustments please click here.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.
Closing date: 28 March 2023