Associate Professor in Nursing
4 days left
- CHARLES STURT UNIVERSITY
- Bathurst / Wagga Wagga, Australia
- $150,656 to $165,866 pa (plus 17% superannuation)
- 24 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 26 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Join a proud heritage responsible for producing over 30 years of industry-ready graduates
- Provide academic leadership in clinical nursing research, community engagement and education
- Relocation support provided to help you settle into the regional community of Wagga Wagga
- 2 positions: Continuing, Full Time
- Level D - $150,656 to $165,866 pa (plus 17% superannuation)
- Bathurst or Wagga Wagga (location or WFH/remote arrangements negotiable)
We are currently seeking a passionate and dedicated academic leader with outstanding skills and qualities in education delivery and research.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to advance their research interests and will be joining the number one university in the country for graduates who obtain full-time employment in nursing. Our excellent performance is a testament to the currency of our degree programs and the effectiveness of our workplace learning, industry engagement and commitment to supporting healthcare professionals in our regional, rural and remote communities.
To be successful in this role you will have proven leadership and stakeholder engagement capabilities, with a demonstrated commitment to upholding the Universitys values and enhancing the future of the nursing profession.
Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and a Working With Children Check are essential requirements for this position.
To be successful you will have:
- A doctoral qualification appropriate to nursing or equivalent accreditation and standing
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Significant knowledge and understanding of the discipline gained through industry experience and/or scholarly activities or similar
- Ability to provide effective leadership and promote inclusive practices in the workplace
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships and networks within academic, clinical and health-related environments
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply page or contact us.
This position is open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents; or applicants who hold a current valid work visa commensurate with this position.
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world.
The School of Nursing, Paramedicine and Healthcare Sciences is committed to educating all students to live well and help others to adopt healthy lifestyles in a range of settings. Academic staff are passionate about the transformational nature of education - it is through learning and growth that people achieve their potential.
The courses offered by the School of Nursing, Paramedicine and Healthcare Sciences include undergraduate, postgraduate, and higher degrees by research. The strength of these courses lies in the opportunities provided to students to develop personally and also professionally, acquiring the knowledge, attitudes and practical skills needed to work autonomously and also as part of a team, as high-quality health professionals.
While there is a particular need for high-quality health professionals in regional, rural and remote locations, graduates of the School are also in high demand in urban and metropolitan settings, reflecting as they do the resilience and independent thinking for which rural Australians are known.
Charles Sturt University offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits.
Charles Sturt University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. This is demonstrated through our Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice Citation and our Athena SWAN Bronze Institutional Award. Charles Sturt is also a participating member in the Australian Workplace Equality Index. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQA+; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Additional information is available in the Position Description or by contacting:
Associate Professor Linda Deravin | Head of School, School of Nursing, Paramedicine and Healthcare Sciences | email@example.com | Ph: (02) 6338 4480
Closing Date: 11 pm, 26 March 2023