Lecturer in Computing
3 days left
- UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF SCOTLAND
- SE1 6NP, London (Greater)
- AC3: £47,047 - £52,841 (plus £4,460 London weighting allowance)
- 23 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 26 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Contract Type
- Full Time
School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences
2 POSTS - Lecturer in Computing – REQ002000
Due to a significant investment in our teaching portfolio within our London Campus, the School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences is seeking applications from individuals to join the Computing team as a Lecturer within the School’s Division of Computing. You will join a dedicated team who strives to continuously inspire our students and the wider University community – and, through modern teaching and impactful research, continue to deliver innovative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Degree and relevant postgraduate/PhD qualification or equivalent qualification Advance HE Fellowship
- Experience of learning, teaching and assessment within Higher Education
- Appropriate evidence of external engagement which is clearly in line with the School’s priority areas for the future (e.g. external engagement in terms of research, or knowledge exchange, or engagement with professional bodies or other external organisations)
- Have experience of developing and delivering modules in one or more of the following areas of computing: data science/analytics, cloud computing, network and information security, cyber security, and mobile application development; and experience in hybrid delivery of learning and teaching and use of authentic/real-world assessment approaches
- Commitment to delivering high quality teaching and supporting an outstanding student experience for students on MSc Information Technology.
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings).
UWS has had a presence in London since 2015, and our London provision has generated significant interest and seen student numbers grow dramatically over recent years. UWS London Campus, close to one of the world’s biggest financial capitals, is an exciting and vibrant place to work and study offering flexible technology-rich working and learning spaces with panoramic views of Docklands and Canary Wharf.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
The School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences offers industry-focussed teaching and research opportunities that deliver solutions to real-world problems. You will join an innovative and supportive team, playing a key role in driving forward our ambition to deliver transformational change, through outputs that have a tangible, early and positive impact on society across the globe. Our students benefit from state-of-the-art facilities, extensive expertise in research and development, and our robust collaborations with multinational companies across the world.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Closing Date: Sunday 26th of March 2023
Interview Date: w/c 10th of April 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.