- KINGS COLLEGE LONDON
- London (Greater) (GB)
- £34,502 - £39,333 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance
- 23 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The Department of Forensic and Neurodevelopmental Sciences at Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology, and Neuroscience at IOPPN) are seeking a Research Assistant to contribute to the engineering and digital side of a multisite Simons Foundation funded project investigating sensory biomarkers in pre-school children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
You should have substantial experience coding behavioural tasks, preferably in Python & PsychoPy, with an emphasis on visual, auditory and possibly tactile, stimulation. Expertise with Android and Unity is helpful. The focus of this project is to code behavioural task appropriate for preschool children. You should have experience in developing data analysis pipelines. Experience with EEG is desirable but not necessary.
This will be in collaboration with a postdoctoral researcher and the wider research team. This is a collaborative project between King’s College London (Dr. Nick Puts and Prof. Eva Loth), Birkbeck (Prof. Emily Jones) and University of Reading (Dr. Teresa Tavassoli) and you will have substantial support in your own career development and progression by the study team.
This post will be offered on an a fixed-term contract for 12 months
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent
• Code behavioural tasks on laptop and tablet (through Python/PsychoPy)
• Delivery on tablet devices
• Handle data collection/organization
• Support statistical analysis or coding pipelines
• Disseminate task and instructions to study partners
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
The candidate should have a BSc in Computer Science, Computational Sciences, (Cognitive Neuroscience), Psychology or related fields. The candidate should have expertise with Python and developing cognitive tasks/gaming approaches, preferably using PsychoPy. Expertise delivering these through tablet-based approaches is desirable. Other languages (e.g. Unity) are desirable. The candidate should have a good grasp of task and stimulus design.
1. Programming skills in Python and/or PsychoPy
2. BSc in a relevant field ( Computer Science, Computational Sciences, (Cognitive Neuroscience), Psychology or related fields)
3. Knowledge of stimulus and task design, including visual and auditory experiments
4. Strong communication and disseminator
5. Research expertise in a relevant field
1. Specific skills in programming multisensory tasks in PsychoPy
2. Skills in other programming languages (R and/or Unity and/or Matlab)
3. MSc in a relevant field
4. Expertise working with EEG
We aim to fill this role as soon as possible