Commercial Sourcing Manager
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Darlington, Australia
- $138,799 plus 17% superannuation
- 23 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 19 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Full Time continuing role
- Great opportunity to contribute to the University's sourcing strategies
- Base salary of $138,799 plus 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Commercial Sourcing Manager is responsible for providing commercial contract sourcing services for Central Operations Services (COS). Partnering with the University's procurement function, they contribute to sourcing strategies and contract negotiations. The role is expected to take a proactive approach to sourcing to ensure high performance and value for money outcomes, for all COS teams.
Responsibilities in this role include:
- provide commercial and contracting services to COS, partnering with Procurement for contracts >$250K, hands on sourcing for contracts <$250K, in accordance with University Procurement policy and best-practice commercial and value for money principals
- initiate negotiations and tendering processes with potential suppliers
- provide strategic and tactical input in the design of a contract sourcing and admin framework
- work closely with the University's Procurement function, contribute to the development of category plans and sourcing strategies to meet business objectives
- collaborate with the Directors and business leaders and other members of COS to ensure clarity on the specification and expectation of service provision by suppliers
- demonstrate expertise in contract drafting, and/or quality assuring drafting as performed by team members, in order to accurately capture and embed negotiated terms and conditions
- support the Senior Manager Commercial and Contracts, with effective and regular management reporting to COS Executive of COS wide contract Sourcing activities
- contribute to management reporting of contract sourcing and administration
- actively engage with and maintain good relationships with key stakeholders
- coach, manage and mentor a team of contract sourcing and administration professionals
- demonstrated experience of contract sourcing, tendering and administration, undertaking University and/or government procurement and managing complex high value contracts
- demonstrated exceptional integrity, commerciality, and value for money focus in terms of values and behaviours, to meet the strategic deliverables for COS
- experience in people management
- strong problem solving, organization and stakeholder engagement skills
- demonstrated ability to take initiative and work with a high level of independence, as well as in a collaborative team environment.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Sajad Bahram, Recruitment Operations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role
Sunday 19 March 2023 11:59 PM