Manager / Senior Manager (Document Controller)
3 days left
- SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 23 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 25 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Manager / Senior Manager (Document Controller), Campus Development is responsible for accurate management and safeguarding of documentation generated by the project team, consultants and contractors, and to support of the day-to-day operation of the project and in a manner that will enable all relevant parties to quickly retrieve them. This includes, but not limited to, control, access and maintenance of the Project Information Management System (PIMS), revision control, engineering documents/drawings and the management / control of project deliverables documentation activities for the development of SUSS’s the new flagship campus.
The development of SUSS Flagship Campus, near Singapore’s most iconic shopping belt located in the centre of Singapore, will allow SUSS the opportunity to grow to a higher level. SUSS’s focus on community and industry integration themed with unique urban and architectural design will set the campus apart from other local tertiary institutions.
- Assist and work closely with the Director / Senior Associate Director / Associate Director to set-up the Project Information Management System (PIMS) and to operate & maintain document control processes for electronic filing and archiving system, while liaising with various stakeholders. This includes setting in place the procedures and workflow pertaining to document control management, implementation and application of appropriate document control procedures and work practice for use during the design and construction phases.
- Support the Campus Development team by maintaining and managing project files from project start to close out, ensuring that all documentation on projects are properly distributed per approved matrix, catalogue, store and retrieve all incoming and outgoing information and specified document control system in both the PIMS and hardcopy, in accordance with established procedures.
- Assist the Campus Development team to retrieve and compile information for internal and external stakeholders purpose.
- Custodian of project documents for audit / internal requirements. Maintain and update all documents registers and control all aspect of project documentation on multiple simultaneous projects, utilizing various control methods/systems.
- Work closely with Director / Senior Associate Director / Associate Director to assign staff / stakeholders at different levels to access appropriate construction documents without going through the controller.
- Ensure various stakeholders follow the standard templates, procedures work instructions and specifications.
- Conducts regular review audits to ensure information on all records is accurate and up to date.
- Work closely with PIMS vendors to update document control procedures and system requirement, as and when required, to be in line with the SUSS’s policies and legal regulations and / or meeting the project team requirements. Monitor the service level rendered by the PIMS vendors and certifying payment to PIMS vendors.
- Work in strict co-operation with the team members to ensure projects progress. Produce and maintain Document Progress Reports to the team members. Expedite outstanding documentation, comments and monitor approval process from internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead and manage a team to deliver a good Document Control Service for all project packages during construction and operational stages.
- Support the Campus Development team in other administration work and ad hoc duties as required to assist the project team.
- Minimum Diploma or equivalent with at least 8 years of relevant working experience in document management.
- Practical / hands-on experience in document management roles in Construction projects of at least 3 years.
- Basic understanding of Engineering / Procurement / Construction / Commissioning documents.
- Self-directed and highly-motivated.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Detail-oriented, dependable and trustworthy.
- Excellent MS Suite software knowledge.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat.
- Prior experience with cloud platform (such as ACONEX, CONJECT, BENTLEY, etc) for managing information and processes for construction and engineering project will be an advantage