Technical Officer/Senior Technical Officer
- SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 23 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 25 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, IT Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Lab Support Officer reports directly to the school manager(s). The position manages, supports, and maintains the laboratories within the university which are mainly used by students for class sessions, experiments, and exams/tests as part of the students’ learning. The maintenance includes the computers, software, and applications that are installed on PCs that are used for lab sessions/classes/exams/training.
The Lab Support Officer is also responsible for providing reliable IT support solutions and services to the school's lab-based programmes in the university to ensure a positive learning experience.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Support students’ capstone projects, in particular AR/VR projects
- Providing user and maintenance support which includes investigating, troubleshooting, and resolving errors for AR/VR systems
- Setup and maintain VR labs
- Configure and maintain VR lab hardware and software for use in academic programmes and applied research
- Must be able to do basic AR/VR programming and must be willing to learn how to code.
- Provide technical support on implemented systems/platforms
- Degree/Diploma in Computing/Immersive Media/Digital Media or related disciplines
- Hands-on experience with 3D modelling and basic AR/VR content development. Familiar with Unity3D, Android Studio etc.
- Have a firm grasp of programming languages such as C#, C/C++ and Python
- Familiarity with Google Cardboard, HTC Vive, Vive Pro, Oculus Rift or Microsoft HoloLens hardware and software
- Possess relevant certifications (or equivalent training/experience) preferred
- Able to take challenges, work independently or as a team, and be self-driven to learn new technologies
- Resourceful team player and possess good communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience with cloud technologies/platform such as AWS, Azure is an added advantage
- Experience in scripting and using automation tools is an added advantage
- Shift work is required and shift allowance is provided