Lee Foundation Professor on US-China Relations
3 days left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 23 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 25 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Politics & International Studies
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy at the National University of Singapore is seeking applicants for the Lee Foundation Professor on US-China Relations at both associate professor and full professor rank.
The Lee Foundation Professorship was established in 2014 with the support of the Lee Foundation, Singapore’s largest private charitable foundation.
The Lee Foundation Professor on US-China Relations will be a core member of the School’s academic leadership team, working with an interdisciplinary faculty to advance the research and teaching missions of the School in International Relations. The School is particularly interested in candidates working in the area of Chinese foreign policy with a background in International Relations/Security Studies and Area Studies. Candidates should have strong networks with the academic and policy communities in both the US and China.
The successful candidate will be a current associate or full professor with the following expertise and experience:
- A record of influential scholarship on US-China relations, including publications at the highest levels (top university presses or leading journals);
- A sustained record of outstanding teaching at the graduate level;
- Experience in academic and research leadership;
- A proven track record and interest in working collaboratively with faculty and staff to pursue sources of external research funding;
- Engagement with policy and research communities in Asia and around the world.
The Lee Foundation Professor on US-China Relations will:
- Advance the research profile of the School through outstanding publications in the area of International Relations, International Security and East Asian Security in general, and US-China relations in particular;
- Shape the content and strategic direction of the various degree programs offered by the School;
- Mentor junior faculty and advise Masters and PhD students;
- Share responsibility with other senior faculty members on School/University committees and other administrative and supervisory assignments (including hiring committees, grant review committees, and ad hoc committees).
The Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy is an autonomous, professional graduate school of the National University of Singapore (NUS). A leading global university centred in Asia, NUS was founded in 1905 as a modest medical college with 23 students. Today, Singapore’s flagship university spans three campuses and is widely seen as among the best universities in Asia and the world.
The LKY School was formally established in 2004 to provide opportunities for the education and training of the next generation of Asian policy-makers and leaders, with the objective of raising standards of governance throughout the region, improving the lives of the people in the region and, in doing so, contributing to the transformation of Asia. It offers a fully integrated multidisciplinary curriculum that spans across the fields of economics, politics, international relations, and public management. In addition to Masters and PhD programmes, the LKY School also offers executive education courses.
The successful candidate will be offered internationally competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should submit, in electronic form (MS Word or PDF file), the following:
- Cover Note, including statement on research and teaching in recent years and in the near future
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- List of three notable scholarly publications since 2018 and three courses that you would prefer to teach (please refer here for a list of existing courses)
- Names of three references
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. The post will remain open until filled. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a campus visit.
For more information about the LKY School, please visit www.lkyspp.nus.edu.sg.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Bukit Timah Campus
Organization: Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
Department : Academic Affairs
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19116