Assistant / Associate / Professor in Language Education
4 days left
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 23 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 25 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Languages, Literature & Linguistics, Social Sciences, Education
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) invites applications for a faculty member in English Language Education (any rank) in the College of Education (CEDU). The successful candidate will join an existing team of language education faculty and contribute to the vibrant existing BEd in Early Childhood Education, Masters in Language and Literacy Education, and the PhD in English Language Education.
Specifically, candidates are expected to have:
- A PhD/EdD in Language Education;
- the ability to train students at the undergraduate and graduate levels to be teachers;
- evidence of supervision at the graduate level (Med/PhD);
- a strong commitment to teaching excellence and student supervision at the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- a strong, well evidenced, research capability in their field of expertise;
- experience of engagement with external organisations in service/consultancy work.
- Experience in curriculum design and/or assessment will be an advantage.
The application package should include
- a cover letter,
- a detailed resume,
- names of two references with contact information, and
- teaching statement that includes a list of courses taught.
UAEU is based in the city of Al Ain in the Abu Dhabi Emirate. This city is approximately 90 minutes’ drive from both Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
UAEU is ranked 284th in the World according to QS rankings. English is the language of instruction and communication within UAEU. A generous benefits package is offered to successful applicants, which includes a competitive tax-free salary that is determined according to rank and experience, yearly round-trip air tickets for the faculty member and his/her family (spouse and up to three children), tuition support for children's schooling, a one-time settling-in allowance, free housing accommodation, free health care insurance, paid holidays and summer vacation, and an end-of-contract gratuity.
For further information please contact Dr Rachel Takriti by email at firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for this position is 2022. However, the selection process and interviews will begin immediately.
Doctorate in Education
Doctorate in Education
Division College of Education - (CEDU)
Department Curriculum&Method of Instruct(CEDU)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Faculty
More searches like this
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates