Senior Lecturer in Accounting
- UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF SCOTLAND
- E14 2BE, London (Greater)
- AC4: £54,420 to £63,059 per annum, plus £4,460 London weighting allowance
- 22 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 19 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Accounting & Finance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
School of Business and Creative Industries
Senior Lecturer in Accounting – REQ001994
The UWS School of Business and Creative Industries has successfully and significantly grown its presence on our London campus, delivering both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. As a result of this, we are continuing to make a significant investment in academic posts to support both our students and our strategic development, helping to further position the School as a key player locally, nationally and internationally.
You will join a dedicated team who strive to continuously inspire our students and wider University community and, through modern teaching and impactful research, continue to deliver innovative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges.
This post will give individuals the opportunity to further develop their academic career. You will have the opportunity to carry out teaching, research and knowledge exchange and external engagement activities. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about their subject and who can contribute to the on-going expansion of their subject area delivery as well as commercialisation activities.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- An internationally recognised accountancy qualification and successfully completed appropriate academic qualifications
- Be able to lead, write and coordinate modules, develop research projects and lead learning and knowledge exchange projects in partnership with external stakeholders
- Be able to teach across areas such as financial accounting, management accounting and financial management.
- Ideally you should also have experience of hybrid delivery of learning and teaching, and experience of use of authentic/real-world assessment approaches
- Experience of, or potential for, line management
You will be joining us at a very exciting time in our development and would become part of a dedicated team who offer exceptional support and guidance to students. You will have opportunities to help build the reputation and profile of our School as a leading contributor to the economic and social development of the communities in which we work.
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses. With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
The School of Business & Creative Industries at UWS is a vibrant community, delivering innovative learning and teaching alongside a rapidly developing research and enterprise profile. You will join a supportive and motivating team, where you will be part of a multicultural, multidisciplinary community of scholars and students from around the world. Students benefit from our strong links with industry, and the world-class research that underpins our courses, delivered on each of our five campuses and through many partners across the globe.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Closing Date: Sunday 19th March 2023
Interview Date: Tuesday 21st April 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.