Research Fellow (High Efficiency Heat Exchanger for Low Grade Waste Heat Recovery)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 22 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 24 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The project is on the development of high-efficiency compact heat exchanger for low grade waste heat recovery. Performance enhancement of fin-tube heat exchangers used in heat recovery systems will be investigated by exploiting novel fin and tube structures. The first part of this work-package focuses on numerical modelling, optimization, and experimental research on the thermal performance of the proposed novel heat exchangers. By optimising the fin and tube structures, heat exchangers with high thermal-hydraulic performance and minimised size can be obtained. Finite element analysis (FEA) will be conducted to ensure the developed heat exchangers are structurally sound. The second part of this work-package focuses on prototyping and experimental validation of the proposed heat exchanger design.
- Numerical modelling of heat exchanger for design and optimisation
- Prototype development and testing of heat exchangers
- Contribute to grant writing and dissemination activities (e.g. presentations at local and international conferences, manuscript preparation)
PhD in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent in flow and thermal systems
- Experience and knowledge of CFD analysis using commercial software (Ansys, COMSO)
- Experience with theoretical modelling of thermal system and experimentation
- Experience with data acquisition system
- Able to work independently and manage research projects
- Experience with grant writing
- Good communication skills in English
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.