Post Doctoral Fellow
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 22 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 24 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About Khalifa University
Khalifa University is ranked 181st in the QS World University Rankings 2023, and the top University in the UAE, with a range of research and academic programs designed to address the entire range of strategic, scientific and industrial challenges facing our rapidly evolving world.
Its world-class faculty and state-of-the-art research facilities provide an unparalleled learning experience to students from the UAE and around the world. Our research and academic activities cover a broad range of disciplines in engineering, science and medicine through our three colleges.
Khalifa University’s research relates to key focus sectors of relevance to the UAE’s strategic economic growth and the technology platforms that serve as foundations for these sectors. The University’s research priorities are addressed in two categories “verticals” and “horizontals” which jointly cover specific industry and sector needs, technical platforms and expertise.
KU’s focus sectors are Clean and Renewable Energy, Hydrocarbon Exploration and Production, Water and Environment, Healthcare, Aerospace, and Supply Chain and Logistics. Research in these sectors is enhanced by our research platforms of Robotics, AI and Data Science, Information and Communication Technologies, and Advanced Materials and Manufacturing as well as Fundamental Sciences.
KU is seeking a highly motivated Post-Doctoral Fellow to work within the research team of Dr. Ashraf in the Department of Biology. The successful candidate will work on a microbial bioremediation project and will involve hands-on experiments, in microbiology, biochemistry, molecular biology and genomics.
- Experience in conducting high quality research involving microbiology and biochemistry.
- Hands-on expertise in microbiology and isolation of bacterial strains.
- Hands-on experience in doing enzyme assays.
- Demonstrable ability to work independently and team player skills.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- PhD from a reputable university in Biotechnology/Biochemistry or related discipline.
- Experience writing scientific or review papers.
- Demonstrable ability to present research papers at conferences and communicate complex information to specialists and within the wider academic community.
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture.
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- The proven ability to work on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines.
- Ability to train and mentor students and support fellow researchers.
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- PhD gained from a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in academia or in industry.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time