Research Fellow (Photon, Thermal and Ambient Energy Conversion)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 22 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 24 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Physical Sciences, Physics & Astronomy
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
A Research Fellow position is open in the research group of Professor Ho Ghim Wei, at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore (NUS).
He /she is required to perform:
- Fabrication and processing of flexible materials: New polymers and material assessment, solution processing, patterning, self-assembly and film/fiber formulation
- Design, fabrication and testing of electronic circuits and device integration.
- Possess a PhD Degree in Electrical and Physics.
- Experienced in design, synthesis, and characterization of solar enabled photo/photon/thermal conversion.
- Good knowledge in thermoelectric, pyroelectric and photothermal technologies.
- Competent in using various materials characterization tools i.e. electrical testings, spectroscopy, microscopy etc.
- Familiar with the standard nanofabrication tools and processes
- Proficient in using some of the softwares eg. photoshop, 3D max, solidWorks, autoCAD.
- Able to work on materials and system scalability towards practical applications.
- Have well-established and independent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills to publish and to present results.
- Open to fixed term contract.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19121