Research Fellow (Coastal Dynamics)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 22 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 24 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Physical Sciences, Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
We are currently seeking for a Research Fellow (Postdoc) with knowledge on the modelling of coastal dynamics in terms of the nearshore sediment transport using depth-averaged model (e.g. XBeach) and in-house CFD models. Numerical models, supercomputer computational resources and hydraulic laboratory facilities are available for accessing.
- Possess a PhD degree in related field with knowledge on coastal and ocean engineering.
- Preferably with research experience or knowledge related to coastal dynamics, sediment transport, or numerical modelling.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Prior good publication record is advantageous.
- Open to fixed-term contract
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Civil and Environmental Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19049
Contact list for further enquiries
Hiring Manager: Pearl Yuzhu LI
Hiring Manager Email: Pearl.firstname.lastname@example.org