Lecturer, Nursing - Work Integrated Learning
- SOUTHERN CROSS UNIVERSITY
- Gold Coast / Lismore / Coffs Harbour, Australia
- $140,609 per annum inc 17% super
- 22 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 22 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Continuing appointment
- Located at our Gold Coast, Lismore or Coffs Harbour campuses. Relocation support available
- Remuneration package up to $140,609 per annum inc 17% super
Southern Cross University is a values-led, young, dynamic and rising institution of excellence committed to transforming tomorrow. Our game changing new education model brings a deeper learning experience, improving individual student outcomes, quality of life and a better way to learn.
Southern Cross University’s new 2030 strategy is founded on our people and our purpose to change lives through revolutionary learning and research with real impact. Learn more about our purpose, values and strategy by clicking here.
Working at Southern Cross University combines a rare combination of being surrounded by ambitious students, amazing and dedicated colleagues and an environment of stunning natural beauty. We are leaders in our communities in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Coffs Harbour and the Gold Coast and pride ourselves on helping shape a better tomorrow.
About the opportunity
Southern Cross Universitys Faculty of Health provides an exciting and innovative learning environment and works with individuals, families and communities in order to meet their health needs and requirements and deliver person-centred care. The Faculty offers fields of study across a broad range of health-related professions including nursing which have experienced amazing growth over the last few years.
The faculty has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Lecturer in Nursing - Work Integrated Learning, given the ongoing success of the Faculties nursing programs. We are seeking clinical expertise and experience in managing clinical placements and understanding local health services would be desirable.
If successful, you will join an energetic research and learning community in the Faculty, working collaboratively with a team of academics to deliver the Bachelor of Nursing program across the University’s campuses.
In addition, you will:
- Actively contribute to the Faculty through student centred teaching and clinical placements;
- Contribute to the research and/or scholarship of teaching profile of the Faculty through their publications; and
- Undertake relevant community and professional engagement that support and enhance the University and Faculty’s profile and priorities.
- Conduct regular site visits to more than 280 facilities to ensure students have excellent clinical learning and assessment opportunities
You will be a highly-engaged, innovative and inspiring academic, committed to experiential learning, enhancing the student experience and graduate outcomes. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and be dedicated to working collegially and effectively with industry partners and across a multi-disciplinary team.
Your strong links within the discipline will enable the effectively collaboration with internal and external colleagues on research activities. To be successful in this role you will utilise your experience as an academic with a comprehensive understanding of the clinical nursing environment.
In addition, you will possess:
- A doctoral qualification or equivalent in Nursing or a related area. Current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) is essential;
- Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing clinical placements in Nursing; and
- A publication track record, reflective to opportunity, with a research profile that aligns with the Faculty.
Salary and benefits
Our staff benefit from flexible work arrangements, including hybrid work models, generous parental and carer’s leave provisions, wellbeing initiatives, employee assistance programs and professional learning opportunities.
This position is:
- Full-time, continuing (permanent)
- Located at either Coffs Harbour, Gold Coast or Lismore. Generous relocation support available.
- Academic Level B. The base salary ranges from $101,544-$120,179 per annum, plus 17% employer’s contribution to superannuation. The total remuneration package is up to $$140,609 per annum.
Find out more about working at SCU by visiting Why Work at SCU.
Applicants must apply online and provide responses to the selection criteria in the position description by the closing date. Information to support you prepare your application is available on our website. If you experience difficulties applying online or need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
Job applicants must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or currently hold a visa with ongoing work rights in Australia. Employer visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Name: Professor Jennene Greenhill
Closing Date: 12:00 am (midnight) AEST, Wednesday 22nd March 2023.
Southern Cross University is committed to diversity and social inclusion and aim to ensure equality in the recruitment of our staff. Applications are supported and encouraged from those that bring diversity to the University.
Together, we are Transforming Tomorrow.