Medical Radiography - Senior Lecturer and Lecturer
- 21 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 01 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
University of Doha for Science and Technology (UDST) is the first national applied University in the State of Qatar, offering applied Bachelors and Master’s degrees in addition to certificates and diplomas in various fields. UDST has over 50 programs in the fields of Engineering Technology and Industrial Trades, Business Management, Computing and Information Technology, Health Sciences, Continuing and Professional Education and more.
With more than 600 staff and over 6,000 students, UDST is the destination for top-notch applied and experiential learning. The University is recognized for its student-centered learning and state-of-the-art facilities. Our faculty are committed to delivering pedagogically-sound learning experiences with incorporation of innovative technological interventions, to further enhance students’ skills and help raise talented graduates that can effectively contribute to a knowledge-based economy and make Qatar’s National Vision 2030 a reality.
The College of Health Sciences invites applications for the positions of Medical Radiography faculty at Senior Lecturer and Lecturer ranks.
Reporting to the Department Head, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development, delivery and evaluation of a broad range of courses in Medical Radiography within the College of Health Sciences. S/he will evaluate student progress and manage the resources of the learning environment. The successful candidate will liaise with industry and other educational institutions; participate in industry advisory committees and coordinate, manage and control projects within the specified program area. Faculty members will keep course portfolio documents required for accreditation processes and engage in instructional development/improvement plans. All employees are expected to contribute to professional and community life within the University and beyond.
A Master’s Degree in Medical Radiography or Imaging Science from an accredited academic institution is preferred. A Bachelor's Degree in Medical Radiography or Imaging Science from an accredited academic institution is required, and a current license or registration with Canadian Society of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) or equivalent scope of practice, with a recognized international registry/licensing body is required.
- Candidates must hold an unrestricted license for the state/country in which the program is located.
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Education (e.g., Post-secondary Education, Adult Education or Vocational Education) is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years clinical experience, and experience teaching Radiographic or related curricula is required.
- Demonstrated contribution to the advancement of learning by the leadership of teaching and curriculum development.
- Candidates must have professional recognition and standing amongst peers; and demonstrate academic subject leadership or academic management.
- Experienced in a second imaging discipline (ex. Ultrasonography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine) is preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with teaching experience in a post-secondary, adult training, or industry training environment; and proficiency in curriculum development, accreditation, supervision, evaluation, and instruction.
- Experience teaching in an accredited Medical Imaging Science program is preferred.
Scholarship and Research
- Demonstrated contribution to the advancement of knowledge through applied research, scholarship, publication, knowledge transfer or professional practice.
- Recent publication(s) in peer-reviewed journals is preferred.
- Record of successful participation in applied research projects is preferred.
Other required skills
- Commitment to applied and experiential learning as a pedagogy and a key feature of UDST’s mandate.
- Ability to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in program outcomes.
- Digital literacy and demonstrated fluency in technology systems, and an ability to model and facilitate use of current and emerging digital tools to support research and learning.
- Demonstrated ability to develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable students to be active participants in their own learning.
- Commitment to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession through self-driven continuous professional development and life-long learning.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborative and collegial spirit and a demonstrated ability to establish rapport with learners, colleagues, sponsor-employers, and members of the community.
- Experience in leadership and innovation in technology-based projects.
How to Apply
Applicants must meet all essential qualifications in order to be shortlisted for the position; other qualifications may be a deciding factor in selection. Qualifications and experience will be assessed through your application, which may include but not be limited to curricula vitae, cover letters, references, teaching dossiers and sample publications. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide appropriate examples that illustrate how s/he meets each requirement. Failing to do so could result in the application being rejected. We thank all applicants for applying for the role; only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
More searches like this
- Other Health & Social Care Academic Posts Canada South Africa jobs in United Kingdom
- Other Health & Social Care Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors Canada South Africa jobs in United Kingdom
- Other Health & Social Care Lecturers / Assistant Professors Canada South Africa jobs in United Kingdom