Research Engineer (IC Designer)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 21 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Chemical Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Physical Sciences, Physics & Astronomy
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Singapore Hybrid-Integrated Next-Generation μ-Electronics Centre (SHINE) in National University of Singapore (NUS) is looking for applicants for a Research Engineer position.
The candidate is required to:
- Explore heterogeneous systems with silicon chips being integrated on unconventional substrates such as flexible and stretchable, for ultra-low power always-on and intelligent silicon platforms.
- Work on innovative circuit techniques with very wide power-performance scaling to minimize the system energy while providing targeted levels of performance on demand. Such techniques will be investigated for digital sub-systems in advanced technologies.
- Be responsible to conduct research at the circuit level, defining and validating design options and defining new integrated circuit techniques.
The candidate must possess:
- Possess a Master’s degree in either Electrical Engineering or strictly related (e.g., Computer, Communication, or Information Engineering).
- Activity performed in multiple research environments and industrial experience are highly valued.
- Expertise on the project scope, ultra-low power always-on and intelligent silicon platforms.
- Knowledge on circuit and system-level chip design is valued.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Candidate should meet at least 4 criteria from the following list:
- Master’s Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Material Science or its equivalent from a reputable University/Institute is preferred, or equivalent related experience.
- Experience in flexible electronics research, characterisation, metrology and electrical testing.
- Experience in using Die Bonder, 5D Aerosol Jet Printer, Thermoreflectance & Infared Thermography System, Micro Solder Ball Jet System.
- Knowledge of integration process and performance evaluation of Si chiplet/SiC interposer structures.
- Knowledge of thermal and thermomechanical modelling and analysis.
- Experience in handling and fabrication of phase change materials.
- Open to fixed term contract.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18689