- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 21 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Lab Engineer is responsible for providing high quality operational support in the University Research labs, performing a broad range of duties related to the day-to-day operations of relevant research laboratories; which includes equipment management, the maintenance of equipment and research support facilities; the training of staff; the compliance of the lab with University Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) regulations and proper and safe use of equipment and materials.
The Lab Engineer is to promote a culture of continuous improvement in order to ensure the shared laboratories continue to provide excellent levels of research user services.
- Drive practices and metrics, which ensure that the laboratories operate in compliance with all aspects of Khalifa University Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies.
- Assess and report safety hazards associated with maintenance of equipment.
- Ensure the safe and effective running of equipment.
- Supervise the performance of routine and specialized technical procedures in assigned laboratories.
- Contribute for laboratory goals and operational procedures for quality, efficiency, and waste reduction.
- Ensure that the procedures and protocols required to operate all laboratory equipment are recorded and available to all users and staff
- Prepare daily operational log sheets, identify areas of analysis for repetitive equipment failures,
- Asses the need for replacements, and establish replacement programs as necessary.
- Follow the work plan scheduled by the responsible faculty /PI and meet day-to-day short- and long-term objectives. Resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Write certification test plans, design assurance test plans, test procedures and formal test reports.
- Develop and write concise operational manuals and essential operational and safety procedures for equipment, instruments, and setups based on manufacturer operational manuals.
- Ensure Research lab equipment is operational to the maximum extent possible and improve operations through efficient use of existing equipment.
- Monitors functionality of new equipment to ensure compliance.
- Improves lab operations through efficient use of existing equipment.
- Coordinate the installation of new equipment and maintaining the inventory of all lab equipment.
- Design and fabricate systems for experimental purposes.
- Supervise the management of supply and parts inventory, manage the inventory of commonly used lab supplies.
- Evaluates technical requirements and solicits bids from potential vendors for purchase of lab equipment.
- Advise the faculty and researchers purchase consumables and accessories for equipment.
- Prepare the list of required consumables, spares and tools required on site as well as participate in cleaning the instruments as required
- Contribute to the continued innovation and development of the research program.
- Provide technical support to faculty members and students conducting research and participate in funded research projects.
- Compile and prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Maintain liaison with investigators, research personnel and staff to solve specific operating problems and improve technical activities.
- Manage the technical aspects of the request for quotation with spare parts approved suppliers and vendors.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manage
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in a related discipline.
- Expats: A minimum 5 years of relevant experience in research laboratories.
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 0-1 year of relevant experience in research laboratories
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location : Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job : Lab Engineer
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time