Research Fellow (Robotics)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 21 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The work in this position will involve a combination of mechanical design, electronics design, programming, mathematical and computational modeling, and hardware implementation. The candidate will work with Prof. Gregory Chirikjian and collaborators on an advanced automation project.
The successful candidate should have knowledge of:
- robot kinematics
- strong programming skills
- experience in mechanism design
- proficiency with finite element packages
- PhD or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Robotics, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines.
- Experience in kinematics modeling and mechanism design
- Proficiency with Solidworks, ROS, Matlab, Abaqus, or other related tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.