Research Associate, Health Intervention and Policy Evaluation Research
1 day left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 21 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Research Related, Research Associate
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Applications are invited for the following full-time position in the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health:
The Health Intervention and Policy Evaluation Research (HIPER) team in the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, NUS is seeking a Research Associate to undertake the following:
- Assist in the development, roll-out and refinement of patient identification algorithms using data from electronic medical records
- Liaison and communication with project collaborators
- Ensure compliance to study timeline, milestones, and budget
- Maintain proper study-related documentation
- Assist with other logistics and administrative tasks related to HIPER
- MSc in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or a related discipline.
- Very proficient in at least one scripting language (e.g. Python)
- Very proficient in at least one statistical software (e.g. R/ Stata)
- Knowledge of machine learning methods is a plus
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years of working experience; preferably in academic research
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good organizational and administrative skills
- Proactive, willing to learn and able to work on several projects concurrently
Recruitment is open immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit your CV, covering letter highlighting career goals and relevant experience during the application. For further enquiries, please contact Ms Chen Yu Ting (email@example.com).
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
MSc in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or a related discipline.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.