Post Doctoral Fellow, Electrical Engineering
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 21 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
2. Job Purpose
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries his/her best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
3. Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop a synchronization control using feedforward voltage technique for low system strength grid integration.
- Develop advanced VSG techniques on grid forming inverters and correlate with synchronization control of grid voltage for weak grid-based power system.
- Develop an integrated real-time system strength quantifying provision.
- Theoretical validation on stability analysis of VSG-based grid forming inverter control solutions and identify precise point at which system stability will be compromised.
- Validation through industry graded clauses for SMIB case and large distribution networks cases on PSCAD and real-time digital simulator.
- Develop a grid synchronization control on rotating reference frame for faster control.
- Develop a novel virtual synchronous generation control with respect to weak grid.
- Integrate grid synchronization into the proposed virtual synchronous generation control to realize the performance.
- Estimate grid impedance in real-time by using multi-inputs multi-outputs measurement method.
- Develop a fast-acting control under low system strength condition in real-time.
- Develop an integration stability assessment framework to predict power grid dynamic behavior under low system strength conditions.
- Support in building a hardware validation test bed.
- Support in writing project reports, research articles, proposals, and presenting research achievements at conferences/seminars as well as filing possible patent application out of the project results.
- Assist in supervising undergraduate/graduate students working on tasks relevant to the project.
4. Qualifications & Experience
Interested candidates should have a Ph.D. in Electrical engineering with strong background in Power System Operation and Control. A background on system security will be a plus. The candidate must have an established record of scholarship with significant journal publications and demonstrated expertise in power system and control.
We are particularly interested in candidates with the following qualities:
- Very strong background in Power system operation
- Power System optimization & Control
- Renewable energy integration
- Self-independent and self-motivated;
- Very good mathematical background. Experience in Modeling;
- Very good written and oral communication skills;
- Work experience in relevant research projects is preferable.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time