Research Engineer (iHealthtech)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 21 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, General Engineering, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are looking for a passionate and self-motivated research engineer to join our team for the following key tasks
- Work with different teams to translate research-driven technology into products
- Review literature, draft product requirements
- Develop customized hardware and software algorithm for different applications
- Develop and execute proof-of-concept studies or pilot trials
- Present research technology to potential collaborators and investors
- Supervise users on core, prototyping and fabrication equipment, including training and equipment usage management
- Schedule equipment maintenance/repairs and calibration
- Liaise with vendors for related laboratory duties
- Perform purchase requisitions
- Support the operations team on laboratory safety and documentation
- Assist in technology related workshops, seminars and conferences, and other ad hoc tasks that may be assigned in course of duty
The appointment would start as soon as possible.
- At least bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, biomedical engineering or related technical discipline from a reputable university
- Working experience in a research/laboratory environment and familiarity with research operations will be an advantage
- Experience in rapid prototyping, CAD is preferred.
- Experience in sensor technology or flexible electronics preferred
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
We have a research engineer position opening in Healthtech Translation Hub (HATCH) team at the Institute for Health Innovation & Technology, National University of Singapore (NUS). HATCH focuses on the translation of innovative technologies from lab to clinic and market. This position provides an exciting opportunity to work on translational research and development projects between scientists, engineers, and clinicians.
You will work as an integral member of the HATCH translation team, providing support to translational managers in operations, administrative tasks and research translation.