Research Fellow, Microbiome with Strong Scientific Writing Skill
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 21 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships, Postdocs
- Contract Type
- Full Time
A postdoctoral research fellow position is immediately available at the Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Our lab is particularly interested in understanding the role of microbiome associated with gastrointestinal diseases specifically through the use of multi-omic approaches, by integrating molecular biology, metabolomics, and gut microbiome, to uncover novel biological network and novel therapeutics for gastrointestinal diseases such as IBD, NAFLD, and gastrointestinal malignancies such as gastric cancer and colorectal cancer. Clinical samples such as blood, tissue and stool will be collected and banked for future use.
- Responsible for the lab-based molecular work according to strict methodologies (DNA extraction from blood, tissue and stool samples, PCR, Elisa, IHC etc.)
- Responsible for the ethics (IRB) submission and communication
- Responsible for strengthening and expanding existing research programs. Work closely with PI and collaborators to identify quality collaborations
- Apply new grant for external funding of research activities and assist research manager with writing progress reports for grantors
- Write papers and conference abstract
- Supervising research assistants and responsible for lab risk assessment and safety measurement
- Be responsible for Data analysis and statistical analysis of the research studies
- Publish work in peer-reviewed journals independently
- Assist PI in grant reports and communication with grantor
- Meticulous and attention to detail
- Proactive and able to work independently in a corporate as well as laboratory setting
- Work collaboratively with other research groups
- Critical thinking and systematic problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Keen interest in scientific literature, keeps up to date with relevant research publications
- Experience in laboratory research and molecular biology techniques will be advantageous.
- Well-organized and able to clearly summarize and present information and data obtained
Requires a doctorate degree. Master's degrees with experience can also be considered. Must have a strong research background. Grant or report writing experience and experience of coordinating research grant projects also are valuable. No experience required.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No