Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Landscape Architecture
- Brisbane, Australia
- AUD$123,419 to AUD$174,359 p.a.
- 21 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 26 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Architecture
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We understand that no one candidate is perfect – if you don’t feel you meet all of the requirements, please apply in any case and let us discover your strengths.
Who are we looking for?
We're looking for a Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Landscape Architecture to join our School of Architecture and Built Environment, Faculty of Engineering. We're all about creating innovative leaders in the built environment and design industries and our grads are changing the world, one design at a time.
We're looking for someone who's already making waves in the field of landscape architecture, with a strong research background, and a passion for teaching. We want someone who's excited about sharing their knowledge with the next generation of change-makers, and is always looking for ways to make a difference.
About the Faculty
We're the Faculty of Engineering and our goal is simple: to shape the world with sustainable, innovative and liveable environments. We teach, research and work on building a better quality of life through advancements in architecture, construction, robotics and AI.
We tackle real-world challenges like overpopulation and climate change by adapting and innovating infrastructure. Working closely with partners on urban redevelopment projects such as the Brisbane Powerhouse and King Street redevelopments, we offer students real-world learning experiences and stay at the forefront of our field.
About the School
As a member of the School of Architecture and Built Environment, you will have the opportunity to work with colleagues who are leaders in their field and dedicated to providing students with an outstanding education.
What you need to succeed
- PhD in Landscape Architecture or related field required.
- Experience in developing and maintaining a research program focused on sustainability and demonstrated by high-quality publications, success in attracting funding, engagement in research projects, and successful supervision of student projects.
- High-quality teaching experience in landscape architecture including ability to teach in first year, diverse students, innovative design studios, scholarly and innovative approaches to teaching, and professional architectural disciplines.
- Ability to develop partnerships with industry, professional associations (including AILA) , government or community groups and translate this into research and teaching opportunities.
- Ability to cooperate and collaborate in team environments, build cross-disciplinary teams, and embrace change for personal and organisational improvement. Personal drive and integrity required.
- Personal drive and integrity, and demonstrated capacity to embrace and participate in change to improve personal and organisational effectiveness.
Careers at QUT
Our culture is vibrant, inspiring and challenging. It's a world where like-minds come together with a commitment to making a real world difference, no matter what the area of expertise.
Beyond personal and professional fulfilment, a career at QUT brings a broad range of tangible benefits:
- 17% Superannuation
- Generous parental leave
- Salary Packaging for vehicle leasing, on campus services such as childcare, parking, and gyms and pools, and more
- Fitness Passport for access to a variety of swimming pools, gyms and leisure centres
- Discounted rates on private health insurance with both Bupa and Medibank Private
- A commitment to inclusion including our LGBTIQA+ Ally Network and improving gender diversity.
- Indigenous Australian engagement and Indigenous Staff Network
- Mental health support via our Employee Assistance Program
- Reduced Working year Scheme for staff who wish to extend their leave options
- Options for study assistance schemes allowing you the flexibility to attend classes while working and special leave for exams or periods of high-intensity study
- Professional development opportunities - from our most popular programs like Leader as Coach and Women In Leadership to regular workshops and certifications
- Free connecting bus between campuses
- Central location at our Gardens Point campus, home to public arts venues, museums, top fitness facilities, and right next to the riverside City Botanic Gardens
Explore Life at QUT
Reference number: 23142
Term: Ongoing, full-time basis
Remuneration: AUD$123,419 to AUD$146,575 pa (LEVB) (inclusive of AUD$104,290 to AUD$123,858 pa salary, 17% superannuation and 17.5% recreation leave loading). AUD$151,195 to AUD$174,359 (LEVC) (inclusive of AUD$127,762 to AUD$147,336 pa salary, 17% superannuation and 17.5% recreation leave loading)
Location: Gardens Point
Applications Close: 26 March 2023 at 11:30 pm
How to Apply: We want to hear from you! To apply, please send your CV and portfolio of work (up to 10 pages).
QUT aims to inspire and shape the future with talented students and staff from diverse communities, united by our core values of Ambition, Curiosity, Integrity, Inclusiveness, and Innovation.
If you’re curious, innovative, and ready to experience what a career at QUT can offer, we’re ready to meet you. You can find out more about this role and how to apply by clicking ‘Apply’ or the link below.