Lecturer / Senior Lecturer, Interior Design
1 day left
- Brisbane, Australia
- AUD$123,419 to AUD$174,359 p.a.
- 21 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 26 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Architecture
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We understand that no one candidate is perfect – if you don’t feel you meet all of the requirements, please apply in any case and let us discover your strengths.
Who are we looking for?
We're looking for a Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Interior Design to join our School of Architecture and Built Environment, Faculty of Engineering.
We're looking for someone who's passionate about interior design education, and who wants to make a real impact by leading research in sustainability. The perfect fit for this role will be someone who's not only knowledgeable but also actively engaged in the industry and community, always seeking to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and practices.
About the Faculty
We're the Faculty of Engineering and our goal is simple: to shape the world with sustainable, innovative and liveable environments. We teach, research and work on building a better quality of life through advancements in architecture, construction, robotics and AI.
We tackle real-world challenges like overpopulation and climate change by adapting and innovating infrastructure. Working closely with partners like Lendlease, Queensland Children's Hospital, DBI, BVN Architecture and Hassell Architectural Firms, we offer students real-world learning experiences and stay at the forefront of our field.
About the School
As a member of the School of Architecture and Built Environment, you will have the opportunity to work with colleagues who are leaders in their field and dedicated to providing students with an outstanding education.
What you need to succeed
- PhD in Architecture/Interior Architecture or related field, expertise in practice a plus.
- Strong research record with publications, funding, project engagement, student supervision.
- Excellent teaching skills, innovation, and experience teaching professionally-oriented classes.
- Ability to build partnerships with industry, government, and community groups in research and teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to cooperate and collaborate well with others in a team with diverse backgrounds and expertise.
- Ability to embrace change and improve personal and organizational effectiveness.
Careers at QUT
Our culture is vibrant, inspiring and challenging. It's a world where like-minds come together with a commitment to making a real world difference, no matter what the area of expertise.
Beyond personal and professional fulfilment, a career at QUT brings a broad range of tangible benefits:
- 17% Superannuation
- Generous parental leave
- Salary Packaging for vehicle leasing, on campus services such as childcare, parking, and gyms and pools, and more
- Fitness Passport for access to a variety of swimming pools, gyms and leisure centres
- Discounted rates on private health insurance with both Bupa and Medibank Private
- A commitment to inclusion including our LGBTIQA+ Ally Network and improving gender diversity.
- Indigenous Australian engagement and Indigenous Staff Network
- Mental health support via our Employee Assistance Program
- Reduced Working year Scheme for staff who wish to extend their leave options
- Options for study assistance schemes allowing you the flexibility to attend classes while working and special leave for exams or periods of high-intensity study
- Professional development opportunities - from our most popular programs like Leader as Coach and Women In Leadership to regular workshops and certifications
- Free connecting bus between campuses
- Central location at our Gardens Point campus, home to public arts venues, museums, top fitness facilities, and right next to the riverside City Botanic Gardens
Explore Life at QUT
Reference number: 23137
Term: Ongoing, full-time basis
Remuneration: AUD$123,419 to AUD$146,575 pa (LEVB) (inclusive of AUD$104,290 to AUD$123,858 pa salary, 17% superannuation and 17.5% recreation leave loading). AUD$151,195 to AUD$174,359 (LEVC) (inclusive of AUD$127,762 to AUD$147,336 pa salary, 17% superannuation and 17.5% recreation leave loading)
Location: Gardens Point
Applications Close: 26 March 2023 at 11:30 pm
How to Apply: We want to hear from you! To apply, please send your CV and portfolio of work (up to 10 pages).
QUT aims to inspire and shape the future with talented students and staff from diverse communities, united by our core values of Ambition, Curiosity, Integrity, Inclusiveness, and Innovation.
If you’re curious, innovative, and ready to experience what a career at QUT can offer, we’re ready to meet you. You can find out more about this role and how to apply by clicking ‘Apply’ or the link below.