Senior Research Scientist, Cancer Science Institute
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 21 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Are you a biomedical researcher motivated to pursue an outstanding career in cancer research?
Cancer will affect more than 1 in 3 Singaporeans. At the Cancer Science Institute (CSI), our mission is to be at the global forefront of research to overcome this scourge. Our innovative international faculty, cutting-edge facilities, supportive working environment and competitive package together enable each of our staff to realize their maximum potential.
We now seek a Senior Research Scientist to join the team with the essential qualifications listed below.
ESSENTIAL qualifications include:
- a PhD with 3 years’ relevant post-doctoral experience,
- strong track record of research achievement evidenced by high-quality publications in a relevant field,
- high-level experience in hands-on use of a wide range of relevant research methods including molecular and cell biology, somatic cell genetics, protein & nucleic acid biochemistry, advanced fluorescence microscopy and flow cytometry,
- skills in working independently and creatively to solve experimental problems and
- effective communication and presentation skills, with experience in communicating scientific work including scientific papers, presentations and reports.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Previous experience in research on genome stability mechanisms in carcinogenesis,
- Knowledge of DNA repair, replication and mitosis in oncogenesis and tumour suppression, and
- Previous experience with genetically engineered murine models.
More information on careers in NUS can be found at http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/
We will only contact candidates who are shortlisted.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.