Research Assistant, Mechanobiology Institute
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 21 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Mechanobiology Institute, Singapore is a multi-disciplinary institute committed to developing new paradigms for biomedical research by focusing on the quantitative analysis of dynamic functional processes. Through quantitative biophysical approaches, we address major problems in biomedical sciences including pathogenesis (from bacterial to cancer), tissue regeneration and function.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Research Assistant in the research group of Assoc. Prof. Low Boon Chuan at the Mechanobiology Institute, NUS. Candidates are expected to have a good understanding of cell and molecular biology, and possess the relevant skills. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with talented and motivated research fellows, interdisciplinary PIs, and clinician scientists to manage the technical as well as administrative aspects of lab operations. The successful candidate's primary duties will include maintaining cell cultures, lab administration and supporting specific research projects.
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences, biomedical disciplines or biomedical engineering with some experience in cell and molecular biology
- Have good scientific knowledge, passion and good communication skills
- At least 1 year of experience working in a research lab (including final-year Hons. project/Undergraduate project)
- Experience in cell/ tissue culture and molecular biology
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and work collaboratively in a cross-disciplinary research environment
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Mechanobiology Institute
Department : Research
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18254