Instructor in Surveying / Civil Engineering
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 21 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Civil Engineering
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Other Academic
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering in the College of Engineering at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) invites qualified outstanding candidates to apply for a full-time instructor position in Surveying/Civil Engineering. Candidates must have earned a Ph.D. in Surveying Engineering or Civil Engineering. A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is a must. The candidate is expected to be an effective teacher and mentor of both undergraduate and graduate students and engage in institutional and professional service. The successful candidate is expected to teach undergraduate and graduate-level courses in Surveying Engineering, such as Surveying for civil and architectural engineering, Topographic Surveying, Computer-Aided Mapping, Digital Elevation Models, and Map Projections. Also, the successful candidate must be able to assist in teaching two or three basic engineering courses such as Statics, Structural Analysis, Engineering Economics, and Engineering Ethics. The candidate must have demonstrated potential for effective teaching. English is the language of instruction and communication in the College of Engineering.
The start date is August 2023. For full consideration, applications should be received by [31 March 2023].
- Teach undergraduate- and graduate-level courses and supervise capstone graduation projects in Surveying and Civil Engineering.
- Contribute to advising and mentoring undergraduate and postgraduate students, including co-supervision of M.Sc. and Ph.D. students.
- Provide services to the community, society, and the university.
- Play an active role in promoting the growth of the College of Engineering at the United Arab Emirates University.
Applicants must hold a Ph.D. Degree in Surveying Engineering or Civil Engineering from a reputable international University. The candidate’s B.Sc. degree must be in Civil Engineering. Industrial and professional experience is a plus.
Preferred qualifications include a demonstration of the following: ability to teach a variety of undergraduate- and graduate-level courses and develop new courses or course components, and effective communication skills and ability to work collegially and collaboratively with diverse internal and external constituencies.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Visit (https://jobs.uaeu.ac.ae/search.jsp) and submit: Cover letter; CV; Teaching statement; Contact info of three references.
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department Civil & Environmental Eng.-(COE)
Job Close Date 31-03-2023
Job Category Academic - Faculty