Teaching Assistant in Biomedical Sciences
- QATAR UNIVERSITY
- Qatar (QA)
- 20 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Other Academic
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Health Science (CHS) was founded in 2016 following 30-year success story as a department within various colleges at Qatar University. CHS is the national provider of high quality health sciences education and research in Qatar and offers undergraduate (BSc) programs in biomedical sciences, biomedical science, physical therapy and public health, as well as graduate programs; (MSc) in biomedical science, MS genetic counseling, PhD Biomedical Science and master of public health (MPH).
The College of Health Sciences aspires to be an internationally-recognized model of excellence with distinction in teaching, research, and community service.
In alignment with Qatar Vision 2030, our mission is to develop competent student graduates duly prepared for careers in health science-related disciplines who will contribute to the delivery of optimal health care.
It is worth mentioning that as members of QU, CHS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural funding for their research ideas. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is major source of research funding, with individual project funding limit exceeding 1million/project (5million exceptional projects) along with student research funding programs. As the national and largest University in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most of QNRF awards, with many research- active faculty members able to win multiple grants.
The B.Sc. Biomedical Science is established under the Department of Biomedical Science. The program is seeking to recruit a qualified candidate for a faculty position in BMS at the level of Teaching Assistant, beginning August 2021. The candidate will be required to assist faculty members in the program, particularly in the courses that require tutorial sessions and student work groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct tutorial and laboratory sessions and supervise student working groups in the Biomedical sciences such as Human structure & Function, Human Genetics, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, Medical Biochemistry and others
- Assist instructors in following up and grading student assignments
- Assist instructors and students in securing academic resources/reference materials for courses
- Maintain office hours
- Assist in the marketing and outreach activities of the program
- Assist in various other tasks related to the development and needs of the Program
- Solid experience in biomedical science
- Classroom teaching and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with students on an individual basis or in small groups and to liaise with faculty members
- Flexibility in dealing with various academic and administrative tasks
- Master in Biomedical science/related from an accredited University
- Teaching experience of at least two years
- Bilingual candidates are preferred (Arabic/English)
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.