Associate Professor in Biomedical Sciences (Physiology)
- QATAR UNIVERSITY
- Qatar (QA)
- 20 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Organization Name: College of Health Sciences – Qatar University
College/Department Profile: BSc Biomedical Science program; Biomedical Science Department
Qatar University is the national institution of higher education in Qatar. It provides high quality undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare competent graduates destined to shape the future of Qatar. The College of Health Science (CHS) was founded in 2016 following a 30-year success story as a department within various colleges at Qatar University. CHS offers undergraduate (B.Sc.) programs in biomedical sciences, human nutrition, public health, and physical therapy and rehabilitation as well as graduate programs in biomedical sciences (M.Sc. and Ph.D.), public health (MPH), and genetic counselling (M.Sc.).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach courses (Theory & Practical) related to physiology, pathophysiology, urine analysis and body fluids
- Strong commitment to teaching, with proficiency in teaching, in the relevant field for medical students.
- Contribute to various committees at the Program, College, and University level
- Contribute to the research profile of College through research publications
- Serve as student advisor
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department
- PhD degree (or equivalent for clinical specialties*) in physiology, biochemistry from a recognized and accredited university.
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Clinical experience is preferred
- A strong record of relevant research experience backed with a strong and consistent track record of research productivity.
- Familiar with educational technologies used in higher education sector
- Willingness to work with teams
- Awareness of working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Required Documents (Academic):
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, a copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.