Research Fellow (Chronic Diseases)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 20 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 22 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Applications are invited for the following full-time position in the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health:
Research Fellow – Chronic diseases
The Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health (SSHSPH) at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is seeking a research fellow (RF) for the various projects on chronic disease. The successful applicant will have a strong foundation in epidemiology and quantitative methods, show good initiative in troubleshooting tasks and have excellent communication skills.
The RF will play an important role in the conduct of current research projects on diabetes epidemiology, care and outcomes. In addition, successful candidates will be expected to support the preparation of new grant proposals. The RF will also be expected to work independently, while working in a team-based setting.
- Conduct and coordinate clinical or epidemiologic research under the direction and supervision of the Principal Investigator and Collaborators, including preparing applications for ethical approval, data collection and management, and quality assurance
- Manage these research projects in a team-based, cross functional research environment, which include supervising/ mentoring junior research staff and research students
- Undertake necessary statistical analysis, including advanced modelling techniques, to interrogate the data
- Draft research reports and manuscripts for scientific sharing and publication
- Support the preparation of new grant proposals
- Attend project meetings and to participate (where necessary) in other meetings
- Ensure compliance with health, safety and ethical guidelines in all aspects of work
- Undertake any other specific roles and management functions as may be reasonably required by the Principal Investigator
- PhD Degree in public health, epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, health information science or related fields. Exceptional candidates with a Master degree in one of these fields may be considered
- Able to write scientific papers for publication in international peer reviewed journals and present work undertaken to a technical audience. Proficiency in English is a must
- Track record of publications in international peer reviewed journals
- Proficiency in the use of statistical software (Stata and R)
- Expertise in epidemiological and statistical analysis techniques, including joint modelling for time to event analysis and Markov modelling
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-based, cross functional research environment
- Self-motivated, independent learner and detail-oriented
- Good project management skills
Recruitment is open immediately. The grade of appointment will be accorded based on candidate’s academic qualifications and years of relevant experience.
To apply, please submit the following documents during the application:
- Cover letter highlighting career goals and relevant experience
- Curriculum Vitae, containing details of two named referees
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PhD Degree in public health, epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, health information science or related fields. Exceptional candidates with a Master degree in one of these fields may be considered
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.