Research Associate (Modelling and Biostatistics)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 20 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 22 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Accounting & Finance, Economics & Econometrics, Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemistry, Mathematics & Statistics
- Job Type
- Research Related, Research Associate
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Applications are invited for the following full-time position in the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health:
Research Associate (1 year)
We are looking for research associates with a quantitative background for research projects in the areas of Modelling and Biostatistics. They will be working within the team under the Principal Investigator, Associate Professor Alex R Cook and/or Senior Research Fellow Su Park.
Candidates need to be able to understand statistical modelling, have a strong mathematical background, and be fluent in R programming or Python coding. The candidate will be working with the Principal Investigator(s) on the analysis of big health data, utilising an array of methods to infer statistical relationships and health outcomes. Further mathematical modelling will also be carried out when necessary.
- Analysing data using statistical and mathematical modelling techniques
- Academic writing and publication of results
- Preparation of meeting materials for stakeholders
- Master in a quantitative discipline (economics, quantitative finances, statistics, pharmacy, mathematics, data science, computational biology, operational research, computer science, bioinformatics).
- Two years of working experience
- Very proficient in Statistical Software (R preferred)
- Proficient in other programming languages such as Python is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good organizational and administrative skills
Applicants should include a brief statement of interest, CV, list of publications (if applicable) and the names and email details of 3 referees who may be contacted immediately if shortlisted.
Recruitment is open immediately and will continue until all positions are filled.
Master in a quantitative discipline (economics, quantitative finances, statistics, pharmacy, mathematics, data science, computational biology, operational research, computer science, bioinformatics).
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.