Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor, Human Resource Management
- SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 20 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 22 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management, Social Sciences, Psychology
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Applications are invited for an open-rank faculty position in the discipline of Human Resource Management at Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS).
The successful candidate will join the Human Resource Management cluster in the S R Nathan School of Human Development and will be expected to teach and conduct research in human resource management and related fields, such as Organisational Behaviour and Industrial-Organisational Psychology.
SUSS is a university with a rich heritage in inspiring lifelong education and transforming society through social sciences. SUSS develops work-ready graduates and work-adaptive alumni to their fullest potential through our 3H’s education philosophy – ‘Head’ for professional competency with applied knowledge, ‘Heart’ for social awareness of the needs of the society, and ‘Habit’ for passion towards lifelong learning. SUSS offers over 70 undergraduate and graduate programmes, available in full- and part-time study modes which are flexible, modular and inter-disciplinary, catering to both fresh school leavers and adult learners. SUSS also offers a broad range of continuing education and training modular courses for the professional skills upgrading of Singapore's workforce.
The successful candidate will have (or be close to completing) a PhD from an internationally recognised university. The PhD should be in a discipline that is closely related to Human Resource Management, such as Industrial-Organisational Psychology, Organisational Behaviour, or Management Science.
The successful candidate will fulfil the following essential requirements:
- Experience of teaching and project supervision at the undergraduate level
- A record of publications in relevant and reputable academic journals
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and a high level of integrity
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team, keep abreast of developments in their fields, think strategically, and be a role model to students
The following qualities are desirable:
- Experience of teaching and mentorship at the postgraduate level
- At least 3 years work experience (e.g., consultancy) in private or public sector human resource management or related fields
Preference will also be given to candidates who are able to teach in one or more of the following areas:
- HR Analytics and Measurement
- HR Information Systems, Digital Technology
- Recruitment, Assessment and Selection
- Leadership and Talent Management
- Performance Management, Total Rewards
- Employment Law and Industrial Relations
- Training and Development