Executive / Senior Executive, Office of Service-Learning
- SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 20 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 22 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Senior Management & Heads of Department, Other Senior Management, Professional Services, Administrative
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Office of Service-Learning
The Senior Executive/Executive (Office of Service-Learning) is responsible for supporting the Office in coordinating and implementing Service-Learning in collaboration with all stakeholders (including external organisations and SUSS faculty/staff).
College of Interdisciplinary & Experiential Learning
Many of the wicked problems in society today require interconnected and interdependent perspectives and collective collaboration. The SUSS Core enables students to thrive in a VUCA world by equipping them with interdisciplinary & experiential learning tools and processes, enabling students to synthesise knowledge from multiple disciplines to address complex issues. Above all, we deepen students’ socio-cultural competence and social responsibility to the local and global community through sustainable, reciprocal engagement with partners on real-world issues.
The shortlisted candidate will report to the Head and provide support to the Office in coordinating and implementing Service-Learning in collaboration with all stakeholders (including external organisations and SUSS faculty/staff). The candidate is expected to possess good administrative, communication and organisational skills; knowledge and experience in youth/student development; and be self-motivated and able to perform duties with little supervision.
The successful candidate will:
- Support the curation, coordination, and implementation of Service-Learning courses and initiatives through building partnerships and networks with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the planning, risk assessment and management, implementation and evaluation of Service-Learning-related courses, activities, workshops, awards, and events.
- Support the facilitation, mentorship and evaluation of student learning and training outcomes.
- Execute administrative duties (e.g., publicity, data management, procurement etc.) in fulfilment of the scope stated above.
- Assist with other tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor(s), as well as support department and university activities.
- Attend training and development courses relevant to work and/or personal development.
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of professional experience. Interest and experience in service-learning, youth development, and community service are preferred
- Excellent analytical and effective interpersonal skills, and a high level of discretion and integrity
- Ability to communicate well, including writing and presentation skills, to act as liaison and help reach out to stakeholders, such as faculty and admin staff from other departments and divisions as well as associates and other stakeholders
- Strong coordination, administrative and organisational skills
- Resourceful team player with the ability to manage and work independently, and display initiative
- Intellectually inquisitive; with a good awareness of current and global affairs
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 applications
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and graphic design software and marketing skills will be an advantage