Audio Visual Technician
- KINGS COLLEGE LONDON
- London (Greater) (GB)
- £30,396 to £33,619 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance
- 17 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 19 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, IT Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
King’s College London is recruiting two Audio-Visual support working within the dedicated AV team to support a wide range of AV and IT user facing systems to deliver teaching, lectures as well as both internal and external events.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals with excellent customer service and technical skills who will deliver a first-class user experience for staff, students and visitors.
The role will be based at Strand Campus where there are a number of buildings that house lecture theatres, classrooms, and meeting rooms to support. Daily AV duties will include support for devices including, projectors, lecture capture, and other AV equipment in these buildings & rooms. Due to operational reasons you may be asked to work at other campuses with 1 months’ notice.
Other responsibilities include managing AV bookings, ensuring that the required AV equipment is available and functioning in the rooms or delivered as required for lectures, functions, and events; using remote tools to monitor and assist users; audio and video recording of lectures and events; and Microsoft Teams support for hybrid meetings and HyFlex teaching. Additional work with audio and video production or live event streaming may also be required.
You will be required to work shifts and irregular hours covering 5 days in 6 in accordance with the needs of the role. Overtime is payable for extra hours worked.
Please note this is primarily a role in Audio Visual with some IT skills, not a dedicated IT role.
Both posts will be offered on a full-time, indefinite contracts.
- Supporting teaching, events, and meetings
- Supporting and maintaining a broad range of AV and IT technology and services
- Managing support tickets and bookings within applicable SLAs
- Participate in the continual service improvement process
- To exercise sound professional and technical knowledge and to keep up to date with new developments / best practice
- To contribute to our knowledge base and documentation as required and adhere to University’s IT policy
- Function as an ambassador providing advice and knowledge where appropriate
- Assist in witness testing, ensuring adherence to the AV standards, as required
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Good level of technical knowledge and understanding of a wide range of audio visual services such as display systems, PA systems, smart boards, visualisers, lecture capture, and other AV equipment.
2. Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
3. Must have demonstrable experience in AV or relevant technical industry experience (film/theatre/music/events).
4. Experience of working effectively as part of a team, particularly with regards to delivering services and problem solving jointly
5. Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines
6. Good standard of written and spoken English
7. Ability to manage and prioritise own workload effectively
1. AV related technical qualification
2. Able to install, configure, upgrade and test desktop computers (both Windows and macOS)
3. Prior experience with Crestron, Dante and Q-SYS systems
4. Filming and editing experience
Please note this is not an IT role it is for Audio Visual technicians with some IT skills.
This role requires frequent climbing of stairs and may involve a lot of walking during the working day when busy between floors and buildings. This involves supporting the AV in the rooms or taking/retrieving AV equipment from those rooms.
Candidates selected for interview will be notified by King's HR within 2 weeks or sooner of advert closure.
This post is subject to a Occupational Health clearance.