Research Associate / Fellow, Deparmentt of Orthopaedic Surgery
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 17 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 01 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Associate/Fellow for the project “Combined Additive Manufacturing of Biphasic Scaffolds for Osteochondral Repair” in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be made on a 1 year contract basis with the possibility of renewal. The Department is actively engaged in cutting edge research that encompasses basic science research, translational research and clinical applications of new technologies. We have a very strong research culture with emphasis on translating our findings from the laboratory bench to the clinical bedside. Over the years, we have built a strong reputation for quality research in the areas of stem cell research, biomaterials, 3D printing and tissue engineering for orthopaedic applications.
Purpose of the post
The Research Associate/Fellow will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure the successful completion of the project on time. The Research Engineer principal role will be to work on 3D printing processes and designing of biocompatible structures. He/She will also be involved in data collection and analysis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Associate/Fellow will be accountable to the Principal Investigator and the duties of this position include:
- Carrying out literature reviews
- Planning and executing experiments
- Analyzing and interpreting the experimental data collected
- Writing progress reports, research publications and general documentation of results
The applicant should:
- Have a Master/PhD degree from a reputable university, preferably in mechanical engineering, material science or life sciences;
- Possess knowledge of mechanical engineering and material science;
- Minimum 1 year working experience in laboratory-based work, such as material and mechanical characterizations;
- Experience in additive manufacturing (3D printing), bio-fabrication, and cell culture techniques will be advantageous;
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees by 01-04-23 to Ms Chua Li Ping at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remuneration will commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Orthopaedic Surgery
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19032