Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Archaeological Sciences
- GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY
- Gold Coast, Australia
- The total package is in the range $91,771 to $139,132 per annum
- 17 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 19 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Archaeology
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships, Postdocs
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Parklands Showground, 1 Parklands Dr, Southport QLD 4215, Australia - Full-time
The Griffith Centre for Social and Cultural Research (GCSCR) is dedicated to increasing our understanding of current challenges facing the modern world. Through the application of innovative humanities and social science research, incorporating the knowledge of academics from a broad range of interrelated disciplines, we are at the cutting edge of humanities and social science discourse. Our Centre's research is focused on the following contemporary themes: History, Media and Change; Mobilities, Communities and In/securities; Heritage and Wellbeing; Language, Culture and Belonging.
The Postdoctoral Research Fellow is part of Professor Tanya Smith's Australian Research Council (ARC) Future Fellowship team - a collaborative international group of archaeologists, biological anthropologists, and geochemists, and will work as part of the ARC Future Fellowship Project “Illuminating behavioural and environmental influences on human development”.
This role will conduct research and contribute to the development of publications, presentations and research reports, while also advancing their own career development through independent scholarship. The postholder will be required to undertake essential research administration tasks, including overseeing aspects of the hard tissue histology and microscopy laboratories, as well as monitoring student use.
The team is looking to add complementary strengths; ideally the successful candidate will have demonstrated significant experience in trace metal or oxygen isotope analyses of biominerals, but we will consider candidates with research experience and publications in archaeochemistry or earth science.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop a good publication record (Grade 1) or maintain a good publication
- record of (Grade 2) in high impact, international, esteemed peer-reviewed
- journals and to seek competitive funding.
- Oversee data collection, coding, data entry, preliminary analysis of data and
- store as per the University’s Ethics policies.
- Contribute to the Centre’s research projects as appropriate to research skills.
- Manage the preparation and formulation of publications, presentations and
- research reports arising from the research.
This is full-time, fixed term (two years) position based at the Griffith University Gold Coast campus (Southport, Queensland). The successful candidate will be appointed at either Grade 1 or 2 depending on experience, skills and qualifications.
The occupant of this position will hold a PhD or equivalent qualifications/work experience in a relevant field.
The base salary for a Research Fellow (Grade 1) is in the range $78,437 - $91,879 per annum, plus 17% employer superannuation. The total package is in the range $91,771 - $107,498 per annum.
The base salary for a Research Fellow (Grade 2) is in the range $100,137 - $118,916 per annum, plus 17% employer superannuation. The total package is in the range $117,160 - $139,132 per annum.
How to Apply
Please submit your application online and ensure your application includes the following:
- A covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, in particular addressing the criteria and key responsibilities as stated in the Job Description (above).
- Current curriculum vitae/resume which should include:
- Full name, address, telephone number and email address;
- Details of education, professional training and qualifications;
- Employment history, including present position and details of relevant professional, consulting or industry experience;
- Research interests and list of publications;
- Research grants awarded and any other relevant information, such as offices held in professional bodies, community services etc.
Visa sponsorship is possible for this appointment for candidates who do not hold valid Australian work rights.
What Griffith University Offers
- Flexible working options and genuine work-life balance
- Salary packaging options & corporate health discounts
- Generous leave entitlements including paid parental leave
Griffith University values diversity, inclusion and flexibility and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. For more information please visit our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion page.
For further information about this role, please contact Professor Tanya Smith on +61 (0) 7 373 57496 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For application support, please contact People Services on +61 (0) 7 373 54011.
Closing date: Sunday, 19 March 2023 at 5:00 pm AEST. All applications must be submitted online.