2023 Economics Assistant / Associate / Full Professor
- WENZHOU - KEAN UNIVERSITY
- Wenzhou, China
- 17 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 18 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Economics & Econometrics
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Along with NYU Shanghai and Duke University Kunshan, Wenzhou-Kean University (WKU) is one of only three full legal-person Sino-American universities with all English instruction approved by the Ministry of Education in China. We invite research-oriented applicants for full-time tenure track positions at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor in Economics to begin in Spring or Fall 2023. High research candidates with UTD (https://jindal.utdallas.edu/the-utd-top-100-business-school-research-rankings/list-of-journals) publication record or one of the top five Econ journals may be considered for a special research track with 1-1 or 2-0 load, generous research funding, up to RMB 1 million (about USD $150K) in 10-month tax-FREE salary (pending nationality), and additional allowance besides standard benefit package, e.g. extra RMB one million in housing subsidy.
The successful candidate will be able to teach intermediate or other higher level economics courses, as well as participate in the full range of faculty responsibilities, including scholarly research and service to the University. Applicants should possess an earned doctorate in Economics from an AACSB or EQUIS accredited program, or anticipate completion by August 2023. The position may be downgraded to the lecturer level, if the terminal degree is not earned by the starting date, or for other reasons.
To receive full consideration by the search committee, candidates need to submit a cover letter, CV, research statement, unofficial transcripts and contact information for three references by email to: Search Committee Chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Official transcripts for terminal degrees and three current letters of recommendation are required before appointment.
WKU sits on over 500 beautiful acres with new state-of-the-art facility (http://www.wku.edu.cn/en/cbpm/). A city of 9 million people, Wenzhou is only one hour by plane and just over three hours by high-speed train from Shanghai and Hong Kong.
Business faculty positions at WKU offer:
- Highly competitive salaries that are multi-year Tax-Free for citizens of countries such as U.S.A.
- Generous home leave, housing, schooling, and relocation allowances, as well as 8% front-load retirement benefits with immediate vesting.
- Substantial research funding, including a startup grant up to RMB80,000.
- A collegial environment
- The opportunity to teach high quality students with half of them admitted to the graduate schools at Top 50 Universities in the world.
Wenzhou-Kean University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for 2023 Economics Assistant / Associate / Full Professor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly