2023 Business Law Assistant Professor / Lecturer
- WENZHOU - KEAN UNIVERSITY
- Wenzhou, China
- 17 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 18 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Law
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Along with NYU Shanghai and Duke University Kunshan, Wenzhou-Kean University (WKU) is one of only three full legal-person Sino-American universities with all English instruction approved by the Ministry of Education in China. We invite applications for full-time positions at the rank of Assistant Professor (tenure track) or Lecturer in Business Law to begin in Spring or Fall 2023. Ability to demonstrate quality teaching is a must. The successful candidate will be able to teach business law and ethics courses, as well as participate in the full range of faculty responsibilities. JD or LLM degree from a top law school and seasoned industry or teaching experience are required; experience waiver is granted to those graduate in the top 10% of the class by July 2023. To receive full consideration by the search committee, candidates need to submit a cover letter, CV, research statement if you are applying for tenure track, unofficial transcripts and contact information for three references by email to: Search Committee Chairperson at email@example.com . Official transcripts for terminal degrees and three current letters of recommendation are required before appointment.
WKU sits on over 500 beautiful acres with new state-of-the-art facility (http://www.wku.edu.cn/en/cbpm/). A city of 9 million people, Wenzhou is only one hour by plane and just over three hours by high-speed train from Shanghai and Hong Kong.
Business faculty positions at WKU offer:
- Highly competitive salaries that are multi-year Tax-Free for citizens of countries such as U.S.A.
- Generous home leave, housing, schooling, and relocation allowances, as well as 8% front-load retirement benefits with immediate vesting.
- Substantial research funding, including a startup grant up to RMB80,000.
- A collegial environment
- The opportunity to teach high quality students with half of them admitted to the graduate schools at Top 50 Universities in the world.
Wenzhou-Kean University is an Equal Opportunity Employer