2023 Psychology Assistant / Associate Professor / Lecturer
- WENZHOU - KEAN UNIVERSITY
- Wenzhou, China
- 17 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 18 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Psychology
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
About Wenzhou-Kean University
Wenzhou-Kean University (WKU), located in Wenzhou, China, one of three Sino-American universities along with NYU Shanghai and Duke Kunshan University, is approved by the Ministry of Education of China. Launched in 2012, WKU offers a unique model of higher education in partnership with Kean University, a comprehensive, public university in the state of New Jersey that is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. WKU sits on approximately 500 beautiful acres and currently enrolls about 4,200 students, and it is now in the midst of a rapid growth that will bring enrollment to 7,000 students within the next five years. All instruction is in English and all curriculum is provided by Kean University. In addition to its current 18 undergraduate programs, WKU has been approved by the Ministry of Education for offering 8 Master’s and 3 doctorate programs. Wenzhou is one of the most vibrant and economically advanced developed cities on China’s East Coast, located one hour by plane and three hours by high-speed train from Shanghai.
Wenzhou-Kean University currently offers the following degree programs: Doctor of Educational Leadership (Ed.D.), Biotechnology Science (M.S.), Computer Information Systems (M.S.), Instruction and Curriculum (M.A.), Global Management (M.B.A.), Architecture (M.Arch.), Educational Administration (M.A.), Psychology (M.A.), Finance (B.S.), Accounting (with emphasis on international standards and practices) (B.S.), Global Business (B.S.), Marketing (B.S.), Management (Business Analytics option/ Supply Chain & Information Management option) (B.S.), Economics (B.S.), Graphic Design (B.F.A.), Interior Design (B.F.A), Industrial Design (B.I.D.), Architectural Studies (B.A.), Computer Science (B.S.), Mathematical Sciences (Supply Chain and Management Information option and Analytics Option) (B.A.), Biology (Cell and Molecular option) (B.S.), Chemistry (B.S.); Earth Science (Environmental Science option) (B.S.); English (English in Global Settings option) (B.A.); Psychology (General option/Forensic Psychology option) (B.A.); and Communication (Public Relations option) (B.A.). In addition, WKU has a substantial commitment to the teaching of ESL/EFL.
About the Job:
College of Liberal Arts at WKU is seeking vibrant candidates to teach a full range of undergraduate and graduate courses, including
- master level courses for Human Behavior and Organizational Psychology, such as Individual Processes, Socio-Psychological Processes, Organizational Behavior, and Advanced Abnormal Psychology.
- undergraduate level courses, such as General Psychology, Psychological Statistics, Experimental Psychology, Child Psychology, and Psychotherapy and Counseling Techniques.
Areas of specialty include, but not limited to, industrial/organizational psychology, cognitive psychology, educational psychology, counselling psychology, neuropsychology, and clinical psychology. In addition to teaching and research, faculty are expected to contribute to the growth of the programs, including, but not limited to: curriculum development, program assessment, student recruitment/ advisement, office hours, senior project supervision, internship opportunities, research experience for undergraduates.
All faculty positions are full-time assignments, effective for the start of the Spring 2023 semester or Fall 2023 semester. The positions are renewed every three years.
- Tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor
A tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor is a full time, 10-month employee who teaches 24 credits per academic year (6-credit course release per academic year is available for grant proposal development and other substantial research initiatives in the first two years of appointment). Start-up grant will be provided to launch student-engaging research programs. Candidate will be expected to participate in the full range of faculty responsibilities, including high quality teaching, research, advising; student learning support; service to the university and/or professional community. Tenure-track appointment requires publications in internationally recognized and rigorously peer-reviewed journals on Psychology or other closely related subjects.
A Lecturer is a full-time, 11-month employee who teaches 39 credits per year and provides student and learning support services during the assigned period. Lecturers will be expected to provide high quality teaching, student advisement and learning support services, and service to the university and/or professional community; and perform related work as required. All faculty may be required to teach General Education courses as needed. Opportunities are also available to teach disciplinary support courses. Candidates with an interest in teaching across disciplines are encouraged to apply.
A Ph.D. in Psychology or a closely related field is required. ABD can be considered with completion prior to the effective date of employment. A minimum of two years of teaching experience in a college or university setting is preferred. Native English speakers or equivalent English proficiency is required.
Faculty positions at WKU offer:
- Annual salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience with the range from $63,000-$70,000 for lecturers, $70,000-$76,000 for Assistant Professors; $75,000-$80,000 for Associate Professors. Salary of extraordinary candidates shall be determined on a case by case basis.
- The University will provide start-up grants to support the tenure track candidates to start their research programs.
- A well-rounded healthcare coverage, academic travel up to $2,000, housing options and subsidy up to $3,000, home traveling up to $6,000 (2 international round-trip airfares), a reimbursement to cover relocation expenses up to $1,000, shuttle bus to campus for work, and up to 8% front-load retirement benefits within accordance with completion of years of service with the University.
- WKU tuition waiver up to 80% for spouse/dependent children of faculty for undergraduate programs, and tuition discount of private/international kindergarten, elementary, middle and high schools for children of faculty.
- The opportunity to teach high quality students with more than 60% of WKU graduates being admitted to the graduate programs of highly ranked universities globally
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled. Please send cover letter, resume, statement of teaching philosophy, research statement (tenure track position), unofficial transcripts and contact information of three professional references by email to Search Committee Chairperson at email@example.com. Official transcripts for all degrees and three current letters of recommendation are required before appointment.
Wenzhou-Kean University conducts background screenings on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background Screenings.
Apply for 2023 Psychology Assistant / Associate Professor / Lecturer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly