Senior Lecturer in Marketing
- UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF SCOTLAND
- London (Greater) (GB)
- AC4: £54,420 - £63,059 (plus London weighting allowance of £4,549)
- 16 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 19 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management
- Contract Type
- Full Time
School of Business and Creative Industries
Senior Lecturer in Marketing – REQ001985
Due to a significant investment in our teaching portfolio within our London Campus, the School of Business and Creative Industries are seeking applications from individuals to join the School’s Division of Marketing, Innovation, Tourism and Events Division as a Senior Lecturer in Marketing. You will have opportunities to help build the reputation and profile of our School as a leading contributor to the economic and social development of the communities in which we work as well as engage in exciting international opportunities.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Degree and relevant PhD qualification or equivalent qualification
- Experience of learning, teaching and assessment within Higher Education
- Practical experienced gained within industry and be able to develop and lead projects in partnership with external stakeholders
- Have experience of delivering and developing modules across the area of marketing (undergraduate and post-graduate levels); and experience of hybrid delivery of learning and teaching and of use of authentic/real-world assessment approaches
- Commitment to delivering high quality teaching and supporting an outstanding student experience.
- Evidence of effective team membership and leadership
University of the West of Scotland is a dynamic, modern, multi-campus university but with origins dating back to 1897. UWS is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 of universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) and in the top 150 of universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). We have five campuses: four across west and southwest Scotland and one in central London.
UWS has had a presence in London since 2015, and our London provision has generated significant interest and seen student numbers grow dramatically over recent years. UWS London Campus, close to one of the world’s biggest financial capitals, is an exciting and vibrant place to work and study offering flexible technology-rich working and learning spaces with panoramic views of Docklands and Canary Wharf.
UWS School of Business & Creative Industries is a vibrant community delivering innovative learning and teaching alongside a rapidly developing research and enterprise profile. You will join a supportive and motivating work environment, where you will join a multicultural, multidisciplinary community of scholars and students from around the world.
The benefits we can offer you include:
- 35 days annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 23% employer’s pension contribution including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Closing date: Sunday 19th March 2023
Interview date: Thursday 30th March 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.