Clinical and Translational Research Fellow
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Camperdown, Australia
- $113,184 + 17% superannuation
- 15 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 19 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Other Health & Social Care
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships, Research Related, Research Associate, Professional Services, Health & Medical
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full or part time, 2 year fixed term with possibility of extension
- Exciting opportunity to contribute to meaningful project for a passionate, well renowned, and collegiate team
- Base Salary $113,184 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
Opportunity for a Research Fellow to join the Centre of Research Excellence in Pulmonary Fibrosis (CRE-PF) team. The CRE-PF team is led by Prof Tamera Corte with outstanding national and international collaborators. The team's clinical and translational research focuses on Pulmonary Fibrosis, encompassing a group of lung disorders which share the hallmark of fibrosis or scarring of the lung. The Research Fellow will work on a novel research project aiming to improve early diagnosis of Pulmonary Fibrosis. This will involve working with large datasets from electronic medical record (EMR) data. Experience working with EMR data is a distinct advantage.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- work closely with Prof Tamera Corte (CIA) and the research team at the Centre of Research Excellence in Pulmonary Fibrosis (CRE-PF)
- undertake research in the fields of understanding causes, early and accurate diagnosis, preventing disease progression and standardisation of care for Pulmonary Fibrosis
- develop, design and undertake various research projects
- maintain quality, standards and excellence in all research activities and outputs
- coordinate activities with other academic staff within the team
- Hold PhD in Health, Science, Medicine or related discipline
- experience developing research evidence by producing original, high quality and independent research
- demonstrated ability to perform extensive statistical analyses
- ability to communicate effectively across a range of media and forums
- experience in the design of research protocols and writing of manuscripts
- accuracy, attention to detail and highly organised with the ability to work according to strict deadlines and manage various demands
- strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement and ability to priorities workload during busy periods
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work
- ability to work with large datasets of electronic medical record (EMR) data. Experience working with EMR data is a distinct advantage.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Lena Germinarios, Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com.
Close: 11:59 pm, 19 March 2023
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
More searches like this
- Other Health & Social Care Academic Posts Australia jobs in Camperdown
- Other Health & Social Care Research Fellowships Australia jobs in Camperdown
- Other Health & Social Care Research Related Australia jobs in Camperdown
- Other Health & Social Care Professional Services Australia jobs in Camperdown
- Other Health & Social Care Research Associate Australia jobs in Camperdown