Clinical Lecturer in General Practice
- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- £84,975 - £114,567 per annum
- 13 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences (SMDBS) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Clinical Lecturer in General Practice (GP) to strengthen the clinical academic base of General Practice within the Centre for Public Health (CPH).
The successful candidate will contribute to strategic objectives relating to research, education, innovation and international impact and which are aligned with investments in Belfast Region City Deal which aim to create an integrated ecosystem for health and life sciences.
The post-holder will run programmes of research that are relevant to the School’s research strategy, addressing the major risk factors impacting global health (e.g. diet and other lifestyle factors). He/she will increase the links between the wider GP / Primary care ecosystem and researchers in CPH / SMDBS / Institute for Global Food Security and develop national and international links to progress such research activities.
The postholder will also hold an Honorary General Practice contract and undertake clinical sessions with an agreed practice which will involve a maximum of 5 Programmed Activities agreed through the annual, integrated job plan.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Primary Medical Degree.
- Higher degree (PhD, MD or equivalent).
- Full Registration with the GMC.
- Entry on the GMC GP Specialist Register via:
- CCT (proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of interview date)
- CEGPR or
- European Community Rights.
- Post registration qualification (Membership of Royal College of General Practitioners or equivalent by examination or Membership By Assessment of Performance) (within 6 months of interview date).
- A minimum of three years’ research experience in public health and / or general practice, focused on the major risk factors impacting global health (e.g. diet and other lifestyle factors).
- Recent, relevant publications in peer reviewed/refereed journals that are recognised internationally as being high quality, commensurate with experience.
- Evidence of a research programme which complements the research priorities and strengths of the School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences.
- Evidence of presentations at national and international meetings and conferences.
- Relevant teaching experience at University Level.
- Relevant academic administrative/management experience.
- Clinical experience in general practice and evidence of progression appropriate to career stage.
- Experience in the management of clinical service.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, click on the 'Candidate Information' link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Professor Michael Donnelly at email@example.com.
Attractive reward package
About the School
About the Centre
Further information for international applicants